for the Grower Quality Inspector I position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Grower Quality Inspector I
Sacramento - Blue Diamond Growers
In 1910 a cooperative of 230 California almond growers formed with the following core values:
- To build strong relationships among growers and with their customers;
- To communicate directly and honestly; and
- To work as a team to realize the best return on their investment.
More than a century later, Blue Diamond Growers still adheres to these values at every level of our operation. Our employees are strongly committed to the brand and to each other – the word “family” is often used to describe our culture.
Today, Blue Diamond Growers represents more than 3,000 almond growers in California – the state that provides over 80% of the world’s almond supply. We are one of the most recognized food brands in the world, with annual sales exceeding $1 billion.
We believe in transparency and honest communication. And our work style is still team-based, working together to innovate, process, and distribute the best almond products to the world.
After more than 100 years, our core values of integrity, partnership, innovation and quality remain strong. Our commitment to excellence has driven Blue Diamond’s unprecedented growth, innovation, high quality, and value.
You’ll find these values at work throughout our company. We strive for a diverse workforce, always aiming for greater levels of inclusion. In addition to a robust benefits package, we offer an employee wellness and fitness program, in which a majority of our workforce currently participates.
Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People!
Position Title: Grower Quality Inspector I
Location: Sacramento, CA
Job Type (Full time/Part Time): Full-time
Evaluate the quality of incoming deliveries to determine the Grower payment.
- Payment Quality Testing : Perform a variety of quality inspections including: variety testing, inedible kernels (rejects), chipping, foreign material, moisture and non-bleachable testing as required.
- Equipment Operation : Operates computers, moisture equipment, food processors, sample dividers, floor jacks, hard & soft shell crackers and testing scales.
- Retest Evaluation : Retrieve and re-evaluate grower samples from the retention library.
- Special Testing : Support data collection studies requested by management.
- New Variety Evaluation : Perform tests on newly developed varieties to determine quality and family grouping. This testing supports Growers, Membership, the Almond Board and nurseries.
- Sample Collection : Work with Receiving and Membership to ensure samples are collected according to documented procedures.
- Problem Samples : Alert appropriate personnel if inconsistencies with a delivery sample or test is detected.
- Quality Objective : Maintain and support Blue Diamond’s quality objectives and goals.
- Other Duties : May be required to perform other duties, including training of employees, and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor or Lead.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Pass an almond variety and reject identification test by the end of the second season in the Testroom.
- Ability to perform a variety of quality tests to determine product grade. Requires intense visual concentration and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Requires good math skills.
- Basic data entry and computer skills required. .
- Must have ability to prioritize effectively and perform multiple tasks within a fast paced production environment.
- Must understand Blue Diamond worker instructions, HACCP processes, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and safety practices.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to follow written or oral instructions.
- Able to work under limited supervision. Receives guidelines from supervisor but is expected to determine appropriate action when handling all but the most unusual tasks.
- Must regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment; Errors may have a significant impact on the company.
- Able to operate basic analytical instruments.
- Position may be seasonal in nature.
- Overtime as needed, including weekends and holidays, based on production requirements.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 2 – 3 years related experience performing grade analysis, sampling, or lab/inspection related work preferred.
- Similar food processing experience preferred.
- Experience with common inspection tools (i.e. sieves, scales etc.) preferred. Calibrate and maintain inspection scales.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Blue Diamond promotes a safe and healthy work environment, and in doing so, we will perform background and drug tests for each candidate who accepts a position with our team.
Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
No job matches. Start a new search below!