for the General Laborer position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Sacramento - Blue Diamond Growers
In 1910 a cooperative of 230 California almond growers formed with the following core values:
- To build strong relationships among growers and with their customers;
- To communicate directly and honestly; and
- To work as a team to realize the best return on their investment.
More than a century later, Blue Diamond Growers still adheres to these values at every level of our operation. Our employees are strongly committed to the brand and to each other – the word “family” is often used to describe our culture.
Today, Blue Diamond Growers represents more than 3,000 almond growers in California – the state that provides over 80% of the world’s almond supply. We are one of the most recognized food brands in the world, with annual sales exceeding $1 billion.
We believe in transparency and honest communication. And our work style is still team-based, working together to innovate, process, and distribute the best almond products to the world.
After more than 100 years, our core values of integrity, partnership, innovation and quality remain strong. Our commitment to excellence has driven Blue Diamond’s unprecedented growth, innovation, high quality, and value.
You’ll find these values at work throughout our company. We strive for a diverse workforce, always aiming for greater levels of inclusion. In addition to a robust benefits package, we offer an employee wellness and fitness program, in which a majority of our workforce currently participates.
Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People!
Position Title : General Laborer
Location: Sacramento, Ca
Job Type: Full-time
Provide general labor where work is needed in various locations throughout the plant.
- Performs a variety of labor functions that may include any or all of the following:
A. Material handling functions, including but not limited to, forming and lining of containers, packing WIP and finished goods into containers, palletizing of product, and manual cut-in of raw materials as required.
B. General Laborer will perform general clean-up, and minor sanitation duties (i.e. sweeping, shoveling of spilled product, general cleaning of equipment and area) as required.
C. Responsible for handling material of various weights and dimensions.
D. Responsible for applying Stickers/Labels and stamps by paying special attention to detail (Lots/Batches/Customer Name & Addresses).
E. General Laborer will assist in loading trucks, stacking pallets/boxes and help assist in trailer inspection according to BDG Trailer Cleanliness Policy.
- Maintains product quality by recognizing and understanding customer specifications, defective product, packets and/or packaging.
- Maintain and adhere to Blue Diamond HACCP processes and auditing, Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMPs) and safety practices.
- May be required to perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required by supervisor.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be able to identify problems and assist in solving. Position incorporates generalist concept and accomplishment of minor maintenance and housekeeping is expected.
- Overtime as necessary is a requirement to the performance of this position.
- The position may require the ability to work in noisy areas and exposure to heat, cold and dust. May work in traffic areas. Must wear personal protection equipment while working.
- The position requires the ability to lift 50 pounds.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous Food Manufacturing experience .
- High School diploma or Equivalent required.
Blue Diamond promotes a safe and healthy work environment, and in doing so, we will perform background and drug tests for each candidate who accepts a position with our team.
Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
No job matches. Start a new search below!