Chicago - Emerson Electric Co
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: Lay out, set up, weld and apply hard surfaces on a variety of parts according to the Company’s FMP welding procedures/specifications. MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Examines shop order to ascertain part, material, operation and quantities.
- Checks parts against print and shop orders for dimensions and weld size to be applied.
- Selects and adjusts current, polarity, voltage, filler material, shielding gas, etc., in accordance with welding procedure specified.
- Interprets welding symbols, sets up, tacks and welds parts together according to procedure specified.
- Ensures parts are free from paint, varnish, scale rust, etc., in area to be welded. Grinds and cleans parts as necessary.
- Uses oxyacetylene/MAPP torch to preheat and maintain preheat as required by welding procedure specified.
- Measures inter-pass temperature when required by the weld procedure specification using a pyrometer.
- Positions parts to be welded using the table or welding positioner.
- Responsible for personal safety and those around him/her. Can maintain excellent housekeeping standards.
- Participates in field work when required, which requires overnight stays from time to time.
- Participation and involvement in Safety, Quality, and Activities Committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
No job matches. Start a new search below!