for the Valve Technician position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Houston - Emerson Electric Co
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:Responsible for teardown, repair, new assembly, calibration, and diagnostics using Flowscanner of all brands of control valves and instruments, associated paperwork, valve diagnostics, digital control technology and the associated instrumentation such as AMS & Delta V, while working in shop environment with some field service as needed. Responsibility includes repair, calibration and modification of all makes and models of control valve and associated instrumentation and may include providing field service, inventory management, customer training and focus on building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with product divisions. Also responsible for communicating with customers in the field and relaying information back to the Local Business Partner, evaluating parts, and ordering their own parts and some independent scheduling of jobs. This position may require travel and extensive overtime with time spent in the field at customer sites as well as shop work.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Calibration, testing and trouble-shooting of valves as well as measurement and valve related instruments.
- Assembly of new equipment or repaired equipment.
- Documentation of repair / testing / assembly activities – cause of failure, actions taken, parts used, labor hours, etc
- Various inventory control responsibilities - stocking shelves, pulling parts, cycle counting, proper documentation of inventory transactions.
- Customer communication – technical assistance, troubleshooting, quoting / determining disposition of repairs.
- Participation in field service calls, as required, at customer sites. May require overnight stays from time to time.
- Disassembly, cleanup and evaluation of parts.
- Surface preparation and painting assemblies and parts.
- Nameplate stamping and tagging.
- Boxing / shipping of old and new parts. Crating and packaging when required.
- Final inspection and completion of inspection report.
- Signing and documenting date compliance sheets.
- Adherence to all safety, quality, company rules and regulations.
- Responsible for personal safety and those around him/her. Can maintain excellent housekeeping standards.
- Participation and involvement in Safety, Quality and Activities Committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
No job matches. Start a new search below!