Chicago - Emerson Electric Co
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:We seek a Machinist who has skills comparable to those of a journeyperson machinist. The successful candidate will be capable of taking a piece of bar stock or casting and machining it into a finished part. We seek a true artisan who can manually perform without assistance operations/techniques as well as all facets of advance machining operations/techniques on Manual Machining Equipment such as Horizontal & Vertical Turret Lathes, Milling Machines and Boring Mills.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Makes all set-ups on tooling and machine.
- Able to run all machines in the shop efficiently.
- Must understand materials, cutting tools, speeds and feeds, coolant requirements and machining techniques.
- Uses shop math through trigonometry.
- Machines parts one at a time, but with production techniques.
- Machines from prints and can make from samples.
- Able to machine from bar stock and raw castings.
- Re-machine parts to repair them and still maintain critical dimensions. 4 Jaw Chuck knowledge needed
- Responsible for personal safety and those around him/her. Maintains excellent housekeeping standards.
- Participates in Safety, Quality and Activities Committees (if applicable).
- Other duties as assigned.
No job matches. Start a new search below!