for the Digital Designer position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Watford - The TJX Companies,Inc.
Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Explore career opportunities at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world’s leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include T.K. Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; T.K. Maxx in Australia; T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
As a Frontend Designer for TJX Europe you will be responsible for the delivery of daily, weekly and seasonal content for the leading E-Commerce website Tkmaxx.com.
Working within a small, dedicated team based in central London and also working closely with our head office (Watford) Customer Experience team on a wide range of digital projects ranging from marketing emails, weekly and seasonal site content to content pieces, template developments, commercial events and seasonal brand and product campaigns.
- Email marketing – produce the designs for the daily email marketing program. Contribute and deliver ideas on how the UX for this content can be improved based on developments in technology or competitor activity
- Site content – create respronsive designs and upload content to Tkmaxx.com via a Content Management System. Contribute and deliver ideas on how the UX for this content can be improved based on developments in technology or competitor activity
- Ensure designs are on brand, delivered on time, with great attention to detail and are meeting the brief
- Be an expert for all things online design and constantly conceptualize fresh ideas and innovative solutions
- Have a keen and constant eye on the fashion and homeware competitive set
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Strong creative / design flair showcased within a varied portfolio
- Digital design experience gained within a fashion retail and e-commerce environment
- Creative, flexible and proactive mind-set, combined with the ability to work as part of a team
- Proven track record in email marketing and brand design
- Must be used to working in a fast paced, target and deadline driven environment and across multiple projects at a time
- Passion about all things digital, e-commerce and fashion and an eye constantly on emerging trends / opportunities and competitor activity
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop skills
- Strong typography skills
- Experience with creating responsive design assets
- Understanding of usability principles and web design standards and the ability to explain these coherently and consistently
- Ability to liaise directly with clients as key stake holder in projects
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Understanding of coding for responsive design
- UX design skills, including responsive layout desirable
- Experience with using a Content Management System desirable
- An interest in fashion and homeware is desirable
What's In It For You?
As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger, and be part of our future. Apply now.
No job matches. Start a new search below!