for the Patient Service Specialist - Full Time - Summerville, SC position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Patient Service Specialist - Full Time - Summerville, SC
Summerville - ATI Holdings
Basic Summary of Position:
Individual is responsible for the clinical administrative functions of patient intake, scheduling, and registration, and clinic based activities required to ensure accurate billing and clean claims. Individual is also responsible for assisting Licensed Clinical Staff in assisting patients, maintaining overall cleanliness of the clinic, and ensuring clinic equipment is in working order. Strong customer service and computer skills are necessary for this role. The individual must communicate in a friendly and professional manner with patients, clients, and ATI employees. Bilingual skills are preferred in certain clinic locations.
1. Maintains a friendly and welcoming relationship with all patients and clients, including among others, physicians, physician office staff, attorneys and nurse case managers.
2. Clearly communicates with all ATI staff, including clinical and corporate employees, in a friendly and
3. Responsible for answering phones and greeting patients per customer service guidelines.
4. Schedules new patients and collects all necessary information in order to verify insurance with carrier and accurately and completely enters patient information and demographics into computer system.
5. Submits patient insurance information to CIV in a timely fashion to ensure benefits are verified before the patient's initial evaluation.
6. Obtains and tracks all necessary authorizations and pre-certifications as required by payors.
7. Provides patients with an explanation of their benefits and thoroughly answers all questions.
8. Accurately completes all items on the Front Office Daily Checklist in accordance with established timeframes.
9. Provides specified patient care activities under the on-site supervision of a licensed clinician, unless otherwise prohibited by state statues.
10. Utilizing the Clinic Checklist / Maintenance Log, completes tasks of daily back office duties, weekly cleanings and monthly cleanings, maintaining overall cleanliness and neatness of clinic. Turns in the checklist/log at the end of the week for Clinic Director signature.
11. Utilizing the Risk Management Checklist completes daily tasks of ensuring safety of the clinic and clinic machinery.
12. Completes review of clinic charges to ensure all required information is present. Completes the coding edit process until all edits are clear. Posts charges according to established timelines.
13. Accurately reports visits and referrals via InSync on a daily basis in accordance with established
14. Works all assigned InSync queues on a daily basis to ensure all errors are corrected and requests are responded to in a timely fashion.
15. Accurately processes patient payments through the online payment application, forwards appropriate documentation to the CBO, and ensures patients receive a receipt for their payment.
16. Tracks Medicare Plan of Care completion and ensures we obtain physician signatures on all necessary documents.
17. Efficiently and accurately uses office equipment, including fax machine, copier, scanner, and computer.
18. Prepares professional written and electronic correspondence to individuals within and outside of ATI.
19. Provides on-site or remote support for other clinics as requested by management.
20. Organizes supply closet and orders supplies as needed.
21. Accurately accounts for all hours worked.
22. The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship
with customers, co-workers and managers.
23. Ability to comply with ATI standards of operations
24. Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company
Additional essential duty based on needs of clinic:
1. Fluency (spoken and written) may be required based on the needs of the specific clinic Non-Essential Functions:
1. Runs errands outside the clinic as requested by management.
2. Perform other duties as assigned by management
No direct reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
High school degree, or equivalent
Current License or Certification:
Skills and Abilities:
Travel Required: As requested to neighboring clinics
Hours Required: As needed to complete the job responsibilities. Overtime to be approved by management.
ATI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply. It is the policy of ATI, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status.
No job matches. Start a new search below!