for the Hilton Milwaukee In Room Dining Cashier (Full- Time) position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Hilton Milwaukee In Room Dining Cashier (Full- Time)
Milwaukee - The Marcus Corporation
JOB TITLE Cashier
DEPARTMENT In Room Dining
Seeking a candidate with open availability to work anytime as needed, between the hours of 5:30AM to 12:30AM.
POSITION PURPOSE To accurately collect payments and distribute change to close out guest checks totaling food and beverage purchases in a friendly and courteous manner.
1. Maintain multiple phone lines.
2. Must have good speaking skills and maintain composure and etiquette.
3. Receive and visually inspect guest check for inaccuracies and then close the check to the proper method of payment.
4. Ascertain guest satisfaction; in the event of dissatisfaction, tactfully negotiate accommodation.
5. Comply with accounting guidelines regarding receipt of payments, check total verification, tip disbursement, cash drawer and house bank management.
6. Balance house bank at the end of the shift. Retrieve and return bank from vault to workstation to ensure accountability.
7. Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
8. Assist with tray set-ups and orders as needed.
9. Prepare amenity baskets for guest rooms.
10. Maintain condition and cleanliness of work area.
11. Performs other duties as requested, such as delivering orders or special guest requests.
1. Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate cash register. Make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, and total all other charges.
2. Ability to effectively resolve conflict situations, such as inaccurate check total.
3. Ability to read and speak English sufficient to understand menus and special promotions, and communicate with guests.
4. Capability to learn the appropriate food and beverage preparations and service standards.
5. Capability to learn beverage and wine on the menu.
6. Capability to learn all menu items and accompaniments.
7. Ability to operate keyboard and Point of Sale procedures to handle cashier functions.
8. Ability to sit and/or stand in small work areas.
9. No prior experience required.
10. Prior hospitality and cashiering experience preferred.
11. Ability to maintain timeliness of delivery.
12. Ability to learn up-selling techniques.
13. Ability to uphold all departmental guidelines.
14. Ability to self-motivate during slow periods.
15. Ability to multi-task.
No job matches. Start a new search below!