for the Front Desk Agent - Part Time Weekends/Evenings position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Front Desk Agent - Part Time Weekends/Evenings
Lincoln - The Marcus Corporation
WHY WE LOVE LINCOLN, NEBRASKA:
ü Honored to be selected as one of the top five "Best Places to Work" in 2017 among large companies in Lincoln!
ü Click to watch this quick 1.45 minute video -- why we LOVE living in Lincoln, Nebraska! https://youtu.be/sgZU7jpreHs "Live.Love.Lincoln."
ü 2016: Top Best Places to Live per Livability Ranking: #48/#100
2016: Best Places to Retire according to Forbes
VIDEO TOUR OF THE LINCOLN MARRIOTT CORNHUSKER HOTEL:
THE MARCUS CORPORATION
We are committed to creating Marcus Magic by delivering extraordinary service to our guests and associates, the first time and every time. Marcus Magic helps exceed guest expectations and consistently deliver a quality experience for our all guests. Marcus Magic makes our guest want to come back again and again...and makes our associates want to stay and work on our team.
WHAT IS MARCUS MAGIC?
It's about creating a place where people can get up in the morning and look forward to going to work. It's about creating a place where our guests can come home to. It's creating the feeling for each guest that they are in the right place at the right time. We are in the business of creating memories!
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
1. Aside of the Marcus Magic culture, associates also receive a very competitive pay rate!
2. Free Associate Meal is provided each shift greater than 6 hours!
3. Tailored uniforms are provided.
3. Flexible Schedules Available! Full Time, Part Time, and Flex/On Call is available
4. Excellent employee discounts! $49* Employee Rate with Marcus Hotels & Resorts; also employee discounted rate* with the Marriott Network, Discounted tickets at Marcus Movie Theaters, Starbucks, Miller Time Pub and Grill; additional discounts available with cell phone and gym memberships. *All discounts are contingent on hotel occupancy and date availability.
5. Full Time benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, Marcus Stock purchase plan, Paid Time Off: (6) Company Paid Holidays
6. The hospitality industry offers unlimited opportunities for career advancement
7. $150 Associate Referral Bonus Program!
Balance room, restaurant, and conference space and bar daily work. Post and balance charges, and send settlements in a timely and efficient manner. Maintain files and reset the systems for operations of the next day.
SHIFT SPECIAL NOTES:
20-30 hours per week. All applicants must be able to frequently work during the weekends (7am-3pm) and some additional evening shifts(3pm-11pm) during the weekdays.
1. Check guests in and out of rooms.
2. Prepare daily restaurant revenue report data by auditing Micros tapes/ journals to breakdown revenue, covers, and servers' fees, tips paid out and settlements by tape and cashier.
3. Run audit reports/ journals from the Front office mainframe, the micros computer, and Credit Card system.
4. Make corrections and adjustments and handle all computer problems that might occur throughout shift.
5. Input on the PC revenue/ expenses/ allowances to generate the daily reports such as the Guest Ledger summer and Daily restaurant summary.
6. Balance all revenue and settlement accounts nightly, maintain files and reset the system for next day operations.
7. Perform other duties and responsibilities asked by the Front Office Manager and Night Manager based upon department needs.
8. Greet and welcome guests, respond to guest requests and needs and answer any questions, providing accurate and appropriate information to guests and customers.
9. Input and retrieve information routinely from computer systems with electronic and numerical codes. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guests' needs.
10. Respond to guest requests and handle guest issues or report complaints to management.
11. Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity.
12. Promptly answer telephone in a professional and clear manner. Input all information into computers to communicate guest requests and complaints.
13. Answer guest questions regarding area or hotel, outlet information and services.
14. Effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
15. Represent the hotel with professionalism and decorum.
16. Follow all Marcus Hotels and Resorts policies and procedures, Marriott Standards, and Information Protection procedures.
17. Attend all scheduled mandatory Guest Services Department meetings, trainings and hotel meetings.
18. Perform all other related duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
1. Knowledge of accounting operations to include all aspects such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, etc.
2. Basic mathematical skills and ability to operate a 10- key by touch.
3. Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
4. Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills to include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English Language.
5. Must be able to work a varied schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays and the ability to work under pressure.
6. Ability to stand and move throughout the front office continuously to perform essential job functions.
7. Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
8. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer.
9. Must have excellent telephone etiquette skills.
10. Must be able to represent the company in a professional, well-groomed and courteous manner.
11. High school diploma or equivalent required, prior hospitality experience preferred.
12. Cash handling experience preferred.
13. Attention to detail.
14. Ability to produce high quality accurate work consistently and on time.
15. Balance work daily totals of hotel.
16. Microsoft Office Experience, Excel is highly preferred.
Apply now! We are looking forward to getting to know you better!
EOE / M / F/ D / V
No job matches. Start a new search below!