for the Temp - Test Technician 2nd Shift position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Temp - Test Technician 2nd Shift
Goleta - FLIR Systems
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Test Technician assists Camera Manufacturing with testing of camera products and related test activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs electrical measurements and tests from test procedures and engineering specifications.
- Sets up and checks out test station/equipment.
- Maintains records on work performed, analyzes data collected and reports results.
- Removes, replaces and assembles parts and/or assemblies as required.
- Performs necessary touch up and cleaning of deliverable hardware.
- Assists Engineering in developing test procedures for new products.
- Monitors consumables required to support test activities.
- Maintains inventory of tooling and equipment on hand and advises on equipment required to meet production schedules including obsolete, repair or calibration status.
- Attention to detail required while performing measurements and tests.
- Analytical problem solving skills required to assist with test failure analysis and troubleshoot and advise engineers of root cause failure.
- Collaboration and teamwork required to effectively work with engineers and various support personnel.
- Communication skills (Oral, Listening and Written) required to effectively communicate and document test results.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- AS degree or equivalent experience (e.g., military training).
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in electronics industry.
- Mechanical and electrical concepts.
- Ability to read and understand written test procedures.
- ESD procedures.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Must be able to communicate orally in writing using the English language.
- Must be able to use a microscope for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands to move and assemble very small electronic parts and fastening devices.
- Must possess U.S. Citizenship or valid Permanent Resident status, required
- ISO 9001 experience " preferred.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
No job matches. Start a new search below!