for the Engineering Technician position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Ventura - FLIR Systems
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Under moderate supervision, complete duties that include: test and assembly of precision components, subsystems and systems having both opto-mechanical and electro-optical assemblies. Perform optical alignment, inspection, troubleshooting, test and validation for complex opto-mechanical, electro-optical, and electronic components and subassemblies using defined procedures or verbal guidance from engineering team. Will be required to work with optics, lasers, electronics and test hardware.
- A.S. or higher degree preferred
- Familiarity or experience troubleshooting hardware design problems
- Experience with Altium, LabView, SolidWorks are desirable
- 5 years with a proven track record in an electronics or electro-optical manufacturing environment
- Some experience or ability to gain experience with optics, lasers, electronics, and lab test equipment
- Discipline to follow written and/or verbal instructions and meticulous attention to detail involving a high level of concentration
- Ability to operate lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, analyzers and power supplies
- Computer skills including MS Office software and company network navigation
- Excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Strong team player, winning attitude, and a desire to work in a team environment
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
No job matches. Start a new search below!