for the Temp - Production Assembler position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Temp - Production Assembler
Goleta - FLIR Systems
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Performs a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications. Electro-mechanical assembly of electronic camera related products including engineering prototypes, pre-production, and production assemblies. Work Environment is Manufacturing/Assembly environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for building an extensive variety of cameras, including sub-assembly, assembly, prototype, inspection, modifications, upgrades and rework
- Assemble Indigo camera products in accordance with manufacturing documentation (assembly instructions, travelers, configuration logs, etc)
- Hand soldering of electronic parts including;
- Surface mount soldering
- Through-hole soldering
- Micro-soldering, etc.
- Assemble wire harnesses and cable assemblies
- Verify kits are complete and correct
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering in the creation, development and revision of assembly documentation
- Verify accuracy of finished assemblies to provide quality output
- Process assembly using a variety of materials (adhesives, coatings, epoxies, etc)
- Perform mechanical assemblies using a variety of hand tools (wrenches, drivers, sockets, etc)
Knowledge and Experience in the following required:
- Hand soldering
- Ability to work from written instructions, wiring diagrams, etc.
- Assembly of electro-mechanical components with related tooling
- Harness wiring
- ISO policies and procedures
- ESD procedures
- Manual dexterity, ability to work with small parts for extended amounts of time
- Mechanical assembly
Core Performance Skills:
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Attention to Detail
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Communication Skills " Oral, Listening & Written
- Continuous Learning
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to work with hands; Manual dexterity, ability to work with small parts for extended amounts of time
- Must be able to sit for extended amounts of time.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50 lbs
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in Electronic, or related industry
- High school education or equivalent.
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent resident status required.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
No job matches. Start a new search below!