for the SHIFT CAPABILITY LEADER - KRAFT position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
SHIFT CAPABILITY LEADER - KRAFT
Palatka - Georgia-Pacific
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is seeking qualified professionals to consider for the Shift Capability Leader position at our Palatka, Florida facility in our Kraft Paper department. Located just south of Jacksonville and west of St. Augustine, FL, the Palatka mill employs about 850 people has three tissue paper machines and produces consumer tissue products such as bath tissue and paper towels sold under the Georgia-Pacific brand names of Angel Soft®, Quilted Northern®, Brawny®, and Sparkle®.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Plan and manage the day to day allocation of resources (people, equipment, materials and systems) in order to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieve performance targets
- Coach, mentor and develop team members to meet current and future business requirements.
- Create an environment that promotes transferring knowledge and ownership to team members
- Champion and lead change initiatives and continuous improvement efforts
- Build relationships with frontline team members, internal customers and suppliers, colleagues and support services to ensure achievement of targets
- Maintaining safe environment and safety practices in all business initiatives
- Create and maintain a safe and a positive work environment
- Understand and adhere to internal and external regulations, procedures & policies
- Ensure that a high quality of products, housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained.
- Review daily achievement of targets and report variances during on-the-floor and off floor review meetings
- Review daily maintenance effectiveness to identify opportunities for improvement and work with the team to get resolution
- Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Lead and foster an Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) culture that values hazard identification and risk reduction by promoting personal ownership
- Manage an effective performance management system (PPAT – “Pay Particular Attention To” Model)
- Ensure that operator/technician roles, responsibilities and expectations (RR&E’s) are aligned with mill and organizational goals to assure maximizing real long term value for the company
- Assure all team members have a development plan and are qualified in their roles
- Provide resources to help the team members develop their own careers
- Accountable for product system results that are impacted by people performance and capability
- Align to asset strategies in the product system and ensure the team has the capabilities needed to execute the asset strategies
- Identify metrics to measure how well the technicians are performing
- Implement the development plan that ensures the transfer of prescribed maintenance skills to operators
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or 5 years’ of paper manufacturing experience
- Oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to lead organizational initiatives and change
- Time management, delegation and organization skills with strong problem solving ability
- Computer skills including Microsoft Suite applications
- Ability to work nights with schedule flexibility as needed to cover peer vacations
- Performance Management experience
- Willingness to take full responsibility for personal safety and the safety of fellow team members
- Ability to challenge the status quo to facilitate improvement
- Previous experience in a continuous process work environment
- Understanding of production processes
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 10 years; manufacturing experience
- Grasp of financial factors relates to operations performance
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and willingness to put the team first
- Ability to collaborate across roles, gather and share feedback
- Knowledge of safe work practices and Root Cause Analysis techniques
- Continuous improvement or process improvement experience
- Previous experience working in a union manufacturing environment
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
No job matches. Start a new search below!