for the Nursing Administrator position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
New York - Birch Family Services
The Nurse Administrator is responsible for managing a cluster of group homes for Developmentally Disabled individuals located in various sections of Brooklyn and Queens. The Administer will supervise and train Residence RN's who oversee delivery of individualized, medical and psychiatric care for our DD adults. The Nurse Administrator is also responsible for providing timely and comprehensive health evaluations; follow up care and referrals for the agency's individuals.
- Provide day-to-day guidance, oversight, supervision and evaluation of Residence RN's as assigned to guarantee regulatory compliance and quality medical care;
- Build productive relationships with Residential Coordinators, Residence RN's, LPN's, Medical Coordinators and Managers to ensure the highest quality of care is provided in medical situations by addressing all medical and medication related issues of individuals living in a respective cluster;
- Complete quality review audits of nursing functions within assigned residences;
- Deliver workshops/training on health related issues for staff, clients as well as AMAP Recertification and 32-hour AMAP course;
- Participate as an active member of the Treatment Team. Advise team of treatment issues and/or significant changes and records, and maintain accurate documentation;
- Assist the clinical and administrative team with responsibilities as needed.
- Deliver "hands-on" nursing care and residence supervision in absence of Residence RN.
- Ensures that medical record information is accurate and up to date.
- Providing and overseeing medication administration training process utilizing a standard curriculum approved by OPWDD.
- Responsible to provide initial training and on-going training to all direct care staff in all nursing tasks and/or functions that they will perform.
- Responsible for developing an individualized plan for nursing services for all IRA /ICF consumers. Be available and respond to phone calls for notification of changes in medical orders and medical emergencies.
- Provides on call coverage to ensure that medical needs of the individuals needs are met.
- Stay updated on all new OPWDD guidelines and regulation pertaining to nursing/ health /medications
Dynamic environment and must possess the ability to change work location based on medical emergencies, or medical coverage.
No job matches. Start a new search below!