for the Senior Finance Business Partner position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Senior Finance Business Partner
Erie - Erie Insurance
Assists executive and senior management in the development of strategic plans for the Erie Insurance Group related for the assigned division(s). Develops financial forecasts and coordinates related corporate financial planning processes. Develops and implements processes to support the analysis of forecasts to actual results and development of actions to achieve the forecasts. Also conducts financial analysis and decision support activities for the assigned division(s).
- Will also consider candidates that qualify for Finance Business Partner Consultant
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the strategic planning process, mid-year and quarterly reviews of forecasts and compared to actual results. Provides financial support and leadership through operating cycles.
- Coordinates the budgeting process in order to provide financial forecasts.
- Supports in the development of financial and operating statistics to create and drive consistent performance accountability metrics and standards.
- Conducts the financial analysis activities used in developing and evaluating the business cases for technology, facilities, and other related projects.
- Performs financial/operational peer group analyses and benchmark studies, including the environment, competitors, rating agencies, products, processes and regulations. Recommends appropriate strategic financial alternatives in response to key issues identified.
- Ensures that analysis and plans are developed utilizing consistent, state-of-the-art techniques, tools, and technologies and in the most efficient and effective manner possible, as well as being consistent with other financial planning and analysis areas to ensure ease of consolidation.
- Organizes research and analyses. Develops presentations for senior management.
- Completes special projects as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability To Learn And Follow Procedures
Ability to Manage Complexity
Developing And Maintaining Relationships
Information Management Skills
Planning And Organizing
Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or related field, required. MBA or CPA preferred. Five years' experience in financial analysis, corporate planning or actuarial required. Demonstrated analytical and forecasting experience in areas such as revenue and expense. In-depth knowledge of financial analysis, strategic and operational planning, and financial modeling required with experience in an insurance company preferred. Strong background in automated information systems, financial reporting requirements, and modeling tools required. Occasional overnight travel required.
Lifting 0-20 lbs; Occasional (<20>
Lifting 20-50 lbs; Occasional (<20>
Lifting Over 50 lbs; Occasional (<20>
Pushing/Pulling; Occasional (<20>
Manual Keying/Data Entry; Often (20-50%)
Nearest Major Market: Erie
Job Segment: Information Systems, Actuarial, Technology, Insurance
No job matches. Start a new search below!