for the Property Adjuster I position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Property Adjuster I
Chapel Hill - Erie Insurance
Exercises independent discretion or judgment in handling property claims within designated level of authority. Also responsible for servicing assigned territory and may handle litigated claims.
- This position works from home and the successful candidate will ideally live in and service the Durham, Orange, Person counties and surrounding areas.
- Candidates with above minimum qualifications may be considered for a Property Adjuster II. Number of years and scope of experience determine level.
- A company car is provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contacts Policyholders regarding property claims within level of authority. Conducts investigations, interviews insureds and witnesses, inspects damage and prepares estimates. Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding coverage of claims.
- Handles property claims within designated authority. Sets and maintains adequate reserves. Obtains and reviews reports, statements, records and related materials as required. Evaluates information to determine coverage and total value of claim. Determines payments and issues checks or declines payment as required.
- Documents claim files and submits final report to file for closure.
- Identifies subrogation situations and initiates appropriate action.
- Services assigned territory and brings assigned claims to conclusion.
- Interacts with Agents and district sales managers on matters of mutual concern.
- Handles property claims involving damages or coverage. May handle litigated claims, including negotiating with plaintiff attorney, or coordinates litigation with defense counsel as required.
- Develops and applies a working knowledge of estimating practices and procedures relating to the adjustment of property claims.
- Attends industry-related training programs and attends other training sessions to stay current on policy changes, interpretation or new legislation.
- Successfully completes Technical Learning Center Training within one year of hire date.
- Participates on Catastrophe Team when required.
Ability To Learn And Follow Procedures
Ability To Maintain Composure
Ability to Manage Complexity
Developing And Maintaining Relationships
Information Management Skills
Planning And Organizing
Minimum Required Education Equivalents:
Willingness to pursue and complete Technical Learning Center Training required. Successful completion of AIC 33 and AIC 35 preferred. Incumbent must live in territory assigned unless a change is approved by the company. Position requires incumbent to serve on catastrophe duty, which may include travel on short notice to other locations for periods in excess of two consecutive weeks. Willingness to obtain and
maintain any required licenses. Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
All Erie Employees with a telecommuting arrangement in which they consistently work remotely during part, or all, of their work schedule must have in their regular remote work location, access to business class internet service providing 3 megabytes (3 MBs) or more of bandwidth. For this purpose, business class internet means internet service with a static IP address, dedicated connections and guarantees or service level agreements (SLAs) addressing relevant performance characteristics. The internet service bandwidth requirement is subject to revision from time to time based on the requirements of ERIE's systems
Lifting 0-20 lbs; Often (20-50%)
Lifting 20-50 lbs; Often (20-50%)
Lifting Over 50 lbs; Often (20-50%)
Driving; Frequent (50-80%)
Pushing/Pulling; Occasional (<20>
Manual Keying/Data Entry; Often (20-50%)
Climbing; Moderate (30-40%)
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Adjuster, Law, Claims, Technology, Insurance, Legal
No job matches. Start a new search below!