for the Teacher Assistant position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Long Island City - Birch Family Services
- Works hand-in-hand with the Teacher and related service staff; follows the Teacher’s instructions and model; integrates the interdisciplinary team’s input for instruction, behavior management, and language facilitation.
- Assists the Teacher in all activities necessary to support student attainment of IEP goals, including daily program planning and physical environment organization.
- Performs all classroom and school-wide duties pertaining to organization, maintenance, and instruction of his/her classroom and module.
- Participates as a classroom and interdisciplinary team member, as well as in other teams as determined by the Principal. Participates in all relevant meetings (team, department, staff, module, etc.) and other school functions or activities (e.g. Open School Night) as assigned by Teacher, Supervisor or Principal.
- Supervises the class when the Teacher must leave the room for a short period of time.
- Complies with regulatory requirements and school policy and procedures in all areas. Assists in maintaining appropriate documentation as specified according to program and regulatory compliance. Submits all required paperwork in a timely fashion as designated by the Teacher or Educational Supervisor.
- Maintains appropriate and effective interpersonal relationships with team and department members, parents, other staff, supervisors, administrators, and outside agencies. Demonstrates:
- Open communication, flexibility and the ability to learn and utilize team building strategies
- The ability to self-evaluate, to utilize supervision and problem solve
- The ability to both offer and accept assistance to/from others.
- Performs other duties assigned.
No job matches. Start a new search below!