for the Software Tester position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Reston - Pragmatics, Inc.
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? Pragmatics, Inc. is seeking a Multi-Functional Software Test Engineer to support the agile software development group.
As a Software Test Engineer, you will contribute to test team activities for key agile development projects by performing functional, automation, and/or performance testing as required by the project and in support of CMMI ML5 software development.
- Supports Test Driven Development (TDD) activities by testing functionality during each sprint and release to ensure quality software is delivered to the customer. Independently develops and executes test scripts to ensure that quality software is provided for release to production and to certify system changes.
- Develops technical documentation and reports. Assists with roll-out of systems documentation. Produces expert level test plan documents and requirements.
- Develops test control databases.
- Performs solution testing confirming business requirements.
- Maintains test databases and ensures their integrity and currency. Distributes test data from control database to development staff to satisfy adequate unit testing.
- Develops test cases and/or scripts to support functional, automation, and/or performance testing requirements for key systems. Develops, compiles, documents and runs automated test scripts and test procedures. Runs regression tests. Support continuous integration activities by developing automated test scripts that will run on every new build. Ensure that software meets key performance metrics by designing and implementing performance tests that provide a true measure of performance expected in the production environment.
- Provides quality assurance testing for all systems to ensure the development and distribution of quality products.
- Communicates with analysts and programmers about formal testing plans, problems, and results. Ensures accurate tracking of defects. Produces lists of defects that are to be resolved and incorporated into future releases of the application as required.
- Supports the Release Management process for all changes to the baseline IT infrastructure.
- Ensures all processes are adhered to appropriately throughout project lifecycles. Ensures all existing processes are fully documented, suggesting improvements, updating documentation, and communicating all process changes to relevant stakeholders
REQUIRED SKILLS: Knowledge/experience in test case development and implementation. Knowledge of or use of SQL.
DESIRED SKILLS: Experience with software development. Experience and use of automated testing tools such as JMeter, LoadRunner, LoadUI, Rational Performance Tester, etc. Use of problem/requirements tracking systems such as JIRA, Rally, Remedy, etc. Knowledge and experience with databases, such as Postgres, Oracle, etc. JBoss Data Virtualization, development and maintenance of web based applications.
EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: BS in computer related discipline.
CLEARANCE: DoD Secret
Join an established and reliable mid-tier government contractor with a reputation for excellence. For 29 years, Pragmatics, Inc. has provided state-of-the-art technology services and solutions to the federal government. We provide software engineering, agile business intelligence and analytics, audiovisual and learning technologies, cybersecurity, systems engineering, independent verification and validation, IT service management, program management, and transportation solutions. Pragmatics has diverse contracts with both defense and civilian agencies. We have been externally appraised at SEI CMMI® Level 5 and are ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 27001, and ISO/IEC 20000-1 certified.
Pragmatics strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, as well as rewarding careers for our employees, who are hardworking, enthusiastic, and dedicated to superior performance. We encourage you to find out more about our company and our benefits at: www.pragmatics.com. Pragmatics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No job matches. Start a new search below!