for the Patient Financial Advocate, FT, Days, Access Center, INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Ce position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Patient Financial Advocate, FT, Days, Access Center, INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Ce
Oklahoma City - Integris
Patient Financial Advocate
Job Code: 1056
The Patient Financial Advocate serves as a liaison between hospital and patient regarding all financial matters.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Patient Financial Advocate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Obtains and evaluates the financial status of the patient, including demographic and financial information
* Discusses and arranges payment options and initiates the charity application process if appropriate
* Collects co-pays, deductibles, and non-covered expenses prior to discharge or when applicable
* Analyzes and corrects payor codes on all accounts from which payments are received and adds payor information to the account in all necessary systems
* Identifies and verifies liable parties/insurance carriers by appropriate financial class and payor plan
* Acts as a liaison between the patient and/or family and the government agencies and Patient Financial Services department
* Ensures departmental functions are coordinated with other agencies, physician's services and internal and external departments to ensure customer needs are being met
* Achieves specific revenue cycle targets and goals as outlined in monthly performance scorecard
The Patient Financial Advocate reports to the Manager Patient Access Services.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* 2 years of related college coursework, or 2 years of additional experience in related field
* 2 years of experience in healthcare financial or medical assistance program
* College degree in related field preferred
* Experience in admitting, billing, or health insurance industry
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office and 40 wpm typing
* Knowledge of all Federal and State Programs and ability to interpret to the patient Federal and State policies to assure legal compliance
* Knowledge of legal documents, full disclosure laws, credit analysis, and the fair debt collection practices preferred
* Passing grade in medical terminology class, 6 months experience in a medical office setting, or passing score on INTEGRIS medical terminology test
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
No job matches. Start a new search below!