for the Physical Therapist, Regular Part Time, Acute Physical Medicine, INTEGRIS Edmond position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Physical Therapist, Regular Part Time, Acute Physical Medicine, INTEGRIS Edmond
Edmond - Integris
Job Code: 1484
The Physical Therapist is responsible for the ethical, cost effective management, delivery, documentation, and outcomes of professional physical therapy services to patients in accordance with an established physical plan of care and in compliance with all applicable licensure/certification requirements, profession physical therapy acts, federal, state and agency policies and procedures. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Physical Therapist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Interprets referrals; examines, evaluates, develops, and modifies physical therapy plan of care including anticipated goals and expected outcomes for patients
* Performs a comprehensive physical, psychosocial, and safety assessment of assigned patients as evidenced by clinical documentation
* Coordinates patient care with other clinical team members ensuring optimal patient care and communication as noted in the clinical record
* Directs Physical Therapy Assistants to perform specific components of treatment and interventions and remains responsible for the episode of patient care
* Provides and modifies skilled interventions through the use of therapeutic procedures and techniques to produce changes in the condition consistent with the diagnosis and prognosis
* Initiates promptly the appropriate corrective action(s) when abnormal condition or response is noted
* Written reports are concise, legible and accurate and done in a timely manner.
* Understands the developmental life span of the patient; assesses, interprets and provides care/service in a safe environment according to age-specific and cultural needs; evidence and documentation such as test, direct observation and demonstration
Home Health Only:
*Plans for and provides skilled physical therapy treatment in the home, reassessing the patient's status on each visit and ensuring quality of care as documented in the clinical record
* Maintains and submits all required patient documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with home health policies and procedures
Reports to the assigned Manager or Director.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Color Acuity irequired for Wound Care departments
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
Aquatics position: frequent exposure to pool chemicals and to heat and humidity in pool area.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
* Current Oklahoma Physical Therapy license OR be eligible for license in the state of Oklahoma AND able to practice under the Oklahoma Physical Therapy Practice Act. Must have completed licensure by 6 months after initial temporary license is issued.
* Current BLS or CPR certification upon hire or completion within 30 days of hire required
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)
* Previous relevant work experience preferred.
* Aquatics department prefers 2 years of experience and aquatic experience; Water safety certification required within 6 months of employment.
* Hand Therapy department prefers Certified Hand Therapist.
Therapy Resource Pool department prefers 2 years of experience.
Community Re-Entry prefers 2 years of experience in inpatient rehabilitation and ability to obtain commercial drivers license.
For Jim Thorpe Therapy Resource Pool:
* This job requires the incumbents to operate an INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma State Drivers License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier
No job matches. Start a new search below!