for the RN Clinical Transplant AO Coordinator, FT, Days, Kidney Acquisition, INTEGRIS Tr position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
RN Clinical Transplant AO Coordinator, FT, Days, Kidney Acquisition, INTEGRIS Tr
Oklahoma City - Integris
RN Clinical Transplant AO Coordinator, full time day shift, Kidney Acquisition, INTEGRIS Nazih Zuhdi Transplant at Baptist Medical Center in NW OKC
Registered Nurse & APRN Special $5,000 Sign-on Bonus Campaign
June 1, 2017 through September 15, 2017
**An RN sign-on bonus of $5,000 will be given to RNs with a least two years of current nursing experience who are offered and hired into full-time patient care positions from June 1, 2017 through September 15, 2017. Payout will take place over a two-year period of time with $1,000 paid after the first 30 days; $2,000 after one year; and, a final $2,000 paid after two years with payment dependent each time upon continued full-time employment at INTEGRIS. (Former employees must have been separated from INTEGRIS for a least one year to qualify for the sign on bonus.)
To learn more about this special department, please go to: http://integrisok.com/nazih-zu hdi-transplant-institute-oklahoma-city-ok
Job Code: 1317
The Clinical Transplant Coordinator functions interdependently with the physician to coordinate independent advanced assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the care for a select group of patients, in collaboration with physicians and surgeons, patient/family and other ancillary departments and outside agencies. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Clinical Transplant Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Manages the master transplantation list, collects and evaluates data and makes recommendations pertinent to potential organ donation, medical management, and transplantation
* Assesses the suitability and prepares the potential transplant/artificial organ recipient and live donor for solid organ transplantation
* Applies recipient and cadaver/live donor selection criteria at time of transplant and coordinates preoperative care for cadaver/live donor and recipient
* Monitors, evaluates, and reports postoperative organ function
* Provides transplantation/implantation and discharge education to the recipient and family
* Coordinates post-transplant/implant care and facilitates rehabilitation
* Conducts nursing research and collaborative research with physician related activities, including gathering of data and analyzing results
* Works in conjunction with the Business Office to coordinate financial aspects of transplantation/implantation for patients
* Rotates Donor Call based on schedule assigned by Transplant Nurse Manager
* Triages patient calls and referrals (PH position only)
* Monitors, evaluates, and reports pulmonary function and identifies complications and interventions. (PH position only)
* Assembles sterile pump in the operating room (LVAD position only)
* Drives to rural communities to visit with patients and community agencies regarding care of the LVAD patient (LVAD position only)
The Clinical Transplant Coordinator reports to the Nurse Manager.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Exposure to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids. May be up 24 hours or longer at a time assisting with transplant procedures and patient care. Assumes 24-hour on-call responsibilities as scheduled.
LVAD position only: on-call requires return to the hospital for duty.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Current Oklahoma RN license
* 5 years clinical hospital experience
* CCTC certification required
* ICU, medical surgical, and/or clinical transplantation experience preferred
* 3 years Critical Care LPN or Paramedic experience may be substituted for 3 years of RN experience
* Bachelors degree in Nursing may be substituted for 2 years of RN experience
* Valid Oklahoma drivers license and automobile insurance verification required (LVAD position only)
* Must provide own transportation (LVAD position only)
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)
No job matches. Start a new search below!