for the Project Engineer - Rough Terrain Cranes Architect position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Project Engineer - Rough Terrain Cranes Architect
Oklahoma City - Terex
Terex is a global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services that deliver lifecycle solutions to maximize customer return on investment. Terex delivers lifecycle solutions to a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility, quarrying and mining. Terex reports in three business segments: Aerial Work Platforms; Cranes; and Materials Processing. Terex offers financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of Terex equipment through Terex Financial Services. For more information about Terex, its products and services, visit www.terex.com and/or www.facebook.com/TerexCorporation .
Oklahoma City is a unique site to Terex Corporation in North America, manufacturing for each of the business segments: Terex Aerial Work Platforms, Terex Cranes, and Terex Materials Processing. Its workforce of 360+ team members is anticipated to grow by more than 1,000 over the next few years. The 100+ acre facility has recently begun an extensive remodel to accommodate the business' growth.
In this position the Project Engineer will be responsible for new RT crane overall design and the continual improvement to the Terex RT crane product line. The Project Engineer will be responsible for laying out the overall architecture of new products, including the structural, hydraulic, and electrical systems. The Project Engineer will work with the design team to ensure that the objectives of design projects are accomplished within a prescribed time frame and funding parameters. The Project Engineer will be responsible for producing and maintaining the engineering product documentation that relates to Terex cranes. This job involves analyzing problems and developing solutions to various complex engineering related problems. Specific areas of focus include working with manufacturing, project management, and a team of design engineers to develop new products and achieve continuous product improvement.
Rough terrain cranes product architecture design including:
- Product Analysis
- Product Testing
- Process Improvement
- Investigates and provides solutions for highly complex problems where intricate analysis of situations or data is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in the design and manufacturing of mobile hydraulic cranes, preferably with structures or system integration background.
- Must be familiar with researching and following applicable design standards such as SAE J1078, J1063, J765, ASME B30.5, etc.
- Working knowledge of Hydraulic, Electrical, Pneumatic and Drivetrain systems
- 10 years of Mobile Hydraulic Crane design experience
- Experience with structural analysis and FEA.
- Knowledge and experience in editing and creating computer programs to analyze structures (FORTRAN, Excel & VBA, Basic, MathCAD)
- Familiar with steel specifications, mechanical characteristics, and cost
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD software (experience with NG-NX desired, but not required)
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Expertise in one of the following systems - Hydraulic, Electrical, Pneumatic and Drivetrain systems
- Strong orientation towards quality, safety and continuous improvement.
No job matches. Start a new search below!