for the Turbo/Rotating Machinery Capability Leader position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Turbo/Rotating Machinery Capability Leader
Wichita - Koch Fertilizer, LLC
Who are we? Watch to find out!
Koch Fertilizer, LLC is seeking a Turbo/Rotating Machinery Capability Leader to join our Operations Excellence team in Wichita, KS. The successful candidate will work closely with the operations, maintenance, and project organizations for multiple production facilities in North America and is responsible for various aspects of the asset life cycle for turbo machinery and rotating equipment. This role will identify and recommend actions to reduce unplanned events and improve equipment reliability. This position offers attractive growth potential and a collaborative and open work environment that provides opportunity for innovation and value creation. Opportunities for development of technical solutions as well as development of people is an essential part of this position. Requires up to 50% travel depending on business circumstances.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Develop, mentor, and provide direction to rotating equipment staff across all KF production sites, in reliability tools and rotating equipment best practices to improve skills for troubleshooting and diagnosing equipment and machinery failures.
- Apply engineering theory, best practices, and principles in a strategic approach to conduct performance evaluations of rotating equipment and supporting systems to maximize asset reliability and production availability.
- Form partnerships with each operating plant by providing technical assistance for both tactical and strategic problems faced while continuously mentoring and strengthening their base capability.
- Develop standards for predictive/preventative maintenance; and sound, long-term life cycle economics. Analyze equipment trends and historical data to develop and adjust reliability programs which will obtain lowest life cycle cost of equipment.
- Use Failure Mode Cause Analysis (FMCA) / Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) to develop reliability strategies for rotating equipment in a Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) environment.
- Seek out and frame up opportunities for Koch Fertilizer to decrease waste or increase yields through improved machinery performance.
- Actively participate in industry and internal networks to grow knowledge of both machinery and influential leadership
- Lead and mentor employees to apply Koch’s Market Based Management (MBM) in ways that are consistent with our Guiding Principles and MBM Framework.??
What You Will Need:
- 5+ years engineering work experience in an industrial setting, working with high speed rotating equipment
- Working knowledge of API and other applicable industry standards for rotating equipment, design and maintenance
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and hands-on experience with Machinery Health Monitoring (MHM) systems, and diagnostics such as vibration analysis, Shock Pulse Method (SPM), Thermography etc., as well as rotor balancing. Working knowledge of other common non-destructive examination techniques. Working knowledge of relevant materials, metallurgical applications and common damage mechanisms.
- Ability to apply experience and skills to analysis of the entire spectrum of rotating equipment including steam turbines, compressors, expanders, fans, pumps etc.
- Familiarity with Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) methodologies and application to problem solving.
- Strong communication skills and a proven influential leader. Ability to work in a cross-functional organization with corporate and plant level customers.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or 10+ years’ experience in process plant environments, related to rotating equipment, preferably with some combination of design, reliability, and repair experience in rotating equipment
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time based on business need
- Able to wear typical plant personnel protective equipment, and respiratory protective equipment
- Able to lift at least 35 lbs
- Able to access and exit elevated platforms by ladder or staircase
- Able to periodically work flexible hours
- Able to work in outdoors conditions
- Able to travel to site locations on short notice
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Master’s degree in Mechanical / Chemical Engineering or similar discipline, or demonstrated formal training / certification / industrial recognition.
- 10+ years experience in process plant environments, mostly related to rotating equipment, preferably with some combination of design, reliability and repair experience in rotating equipment
- Leadership or supervisory experience
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), preferably Maximo
Want to learn more about KAES?
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/VeteranExcept where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
No job matches. Start a new search below!