for the Training/Learning Specialist - Atlanta, GA position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Training/Learning Specialist - Atlanta, GA
Atlanta - Oldcastle APG Inc
Job ID: 118330
Oldcastle Architectural Products (APG) is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. Additional strong national positions are also found in packaged lawn and garden products. The business produces and markets brands you know such as Belgard® hardscapes and Sakrete® cement mixes. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
The individual in this position will help develop a professional training program to deliver optimal education that multiplies value to the organization. The individual will also collaborate with other training specialists, internal resources, external vendors and the leadership team to create and execute training deliverables. Additional responsibilities will include conducting training needs analysis, generation of curriculum and course materials and facilitation of training in online, individual and classroom settings.
- Development of a comprehensive online training library to support education on IT systems and initiatives.
- Design, develop and implement instructional modules that ensure mastery of learning objectives. A sample of the critical outputs required are exercises, instructor guides, scripts, manuals, job aides, simulations, tests and evaluation forms. Instructional models will be designed for classroom, virtual and e-learning delivery.
- Assess the training effectiveness through observation and quantitative analysis. Provide consistent feedback to the team on this analysis.
- Work with associates, team and leadership to determine individual, team, and division training needs
- Coordinate with the education team to ensure education materials and training schedules are developed and delivered on time based on the needs of the projects assigned
- Ensure common standards and processes have been identified and are followed
- Effectively manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Position will report to the Director, Solutions Management
- Three+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of work and education
- Thorough understanding of adult learning principles
- Proficiency with software including MSOffice tools (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype, Sites, One Drive, etc.)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of eLearning and Learning Management Software such as Articulate or Captivate
- Strong documentation skillset demonstrated through ability to create course curriculum and learning materials
- Comprehensive understanding of complex processes from a business and IT perspective (sample areas include Order Management, Procurement, Manufacturing, Transportation, A/R or A/P)
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Strong teamwork skills but also capable of working independently
- Manufacturing Industry experience a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 75% within North America
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Oldcastle Architectural is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Architectural is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
No job matches. Start a new search below!