for the Store Manager position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Indianapolis - Simon
The primary purpose of this role is to manage a Mall Foods Franchise (Pinkberry, Freshii and Elevation Burger) within a Simon Mall. As a Store Manager, your store will be an important part of the local community. You'll help your employees make connections with the customers they see every day. You'll lead your store's operations, staffing, customer satisfaction, product quality, financial performance and team development.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Demonstrates a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the store team.
- Displays a "customer comes first" attitude by training and holding employees accountable for delivering legendary customer service.
- Drives the implementation of company programs by developing action plans and directly motivating and instructing the store team to implement them to meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Simon.
- Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities and practices to store employees to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Provides coaching and direction to the store team to take action and to achieve operational goals. Constantly reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement to provide coaching and direction to the store team to achieve operational goals.
- Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Monitors and manages store staffing levels to maintain store operational requirements.
- Utilizes existing tools to identify and prioritize communications and regularly uses discretion to filter communications to the store team. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective store operations.
- Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for nonexempt employees and minors.
- Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community.
- Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance.
- Employee Development & Team Building - Providing employees with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Actively manages store employees by regularly conducting performance assessments, providing feedback, and setting challenging goals to improve employee performance. Manages ongoing employee performance using progressive management.
- Progressively responsible retail experience (3 years)
- Supervision (1 year)
- Experience analyzing financial reports
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage store operations independently
- Ability to manage effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple situations simultaneously
- Ability to manage resources ensuring established service levels are achieved at all times
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of customer service techniques
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures
- Organization and planning skills
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team-building skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- College degree in business or a closely related field may substitute for a portion of the required experience
- High school or GED
- Constant standing/walking
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 40 lbs
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps.
- Constant computer/POS Register equipment usage.
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine.
- Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around bar area
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication.
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Constant clarity of vision at near and/or far distances
No job matches. Start a new search below!