for the Warehouse Associate - Entry Level / Inventory Control - Long Island City, NY position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Warehouse Associate - Entry Level / Inventory Control - Long Island City, NY
Long Island City - Allied Building Products Corporation
Job ID: 118333
Allied Building Products, a division of Oldcastle, is a national independent distributor specializing in commercial & residential exterior and interior building materials with over 200 locations from Hawaii to Boston. The company was founded in 1950 as a small family-operated business focusing on the metro NY/NJ region and through acquisitions across much of the United States is now established as a major industry player. We believe that our employees are our best asset. Allied still holds true to the core values of our humble beginnings that have made us a true success.
No gym membership needed
If sitting at a desk is not your thing, not to worry - you’ll get plenty of exercise at this job! In addition, you’ll enjoy competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Energetic, organized, detail oriented individuals do well in this role.
Who are we?
Allied Building Products is one of the largest, most successful distributors in the building materials industry. We have over 200 locations, maintain a fleet of over 2,700 vehicles and employ over 3,100 people. As part of the Allied Building Products family, you’ll be a member of an organization with a history of success that dates back over 60 years.
What will I be doing?
As a Warehouse Associate, you’ll ensure smooth operation of our warehouse by performing material inspections, filling orders and loading/unloading vehicles.
- Fill orders quickly and accurately
- Notify Purchasing and Sales when orders can’t be filled and/or notify Lead Warehouse Associate when inventory levels appear low
- Initial Pick Tickets as orders are loaded and then ensure secondary verification
- Call customers in a professional and timely manner
- Inspect condition and quantity of received materials before placing them in the warehouse
- Properly place received materials in correct bin locations
- Communicate deviations with the Receiving Coordinator (in advance) to facilitate proper changes in the inventory control system
- Label and store all non-stock items
- Complete cycle counts and inventory checks in a timely and accurate manner
- Load and unload vehicles in a safe and professional manner
- Verify product descriptions, condition, amounts, and nomenclature
- Reconcile printed tickets to stock
- Accurately complete paperwork (Pick Tickets, Inventory Count Sheets, etc.)
- Moving materials in yard and warehouse as needed
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of warehouse
- Adhere to and understand safety policies and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Previous warehouse and inventory control experience
- Ability to drive a forklift
- Experience working directly with the customer
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, vendors and customers
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors under adverse weather conditions
- Ability to handle all types of building products
- Ability to lift 75+ lbs. repeatedly throughout the day
- Previous experience working with building materials helpful
- Forklift experience highly preferred
What Allied Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Allied is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day.
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Allied Building Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Allied Building Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
No job matches. Start a new search below!