for the Sr. Business Systems Technical Specialist position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Sr. Business Systems Technical Specialist
Eagan - Thomson Reuters
Sr. Business Systems Technical Specialist
Core Publishing Solutions (CPS) manufactures and warehouses Thomson Reuters Legal print product, and also serves as a commercial printer and order fulfillment provider for 3rd party customers. CPS is looking for an experienced team member who has cross-functional expertise to identify technology opportunities and solutions to improve efficiencies and automate transactions. This person will be partnering and advising on business and system process re-engineering across the business. This will include proactive assessments of current state, recommendations, and execution to the future state.
Scope and Impact
- Performs work across multiple business area within a process or product, and engages in highly complex business processes requiring the design or integration of technical solutions across multiple segments of the business.
- Works on or leads projects of medium to large scope and moderate to high complexity projects; or may work as the highest technical expert for one or more large, highly complex projects.
- Will be defining and managing requirements for implementation.
- Fully responsible for quality of own work, and possibly some accountability for members of the project teams.
- Accountable for compliance with agreed policies, standards and procedures.
- May act independently to determine methods & procedures on new or special assignments.
- Responsible for management of own time, and coaching/mentoring project team members as necessary.
- Works independently with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Responsible for estimating effort required for own work, and checking and agreeing upon other team member estimates.
- Leads the production of adequate business and system functional requirements.
- Coaches/mentors and may review the work of project team members.
- Responsible for coordinating work of development teams, business clients and others and accountable for the work delivered.
- Works as a liaison across stakeholders to elicit, create, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems, and validates that current processes meet business needs.
- Understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Drive transactional automation throughout the production work stream.
- Designs and provides training and SME support to the user community.
- Improves efficiency in processing files, incorporating industry standard format where appropriate.
- Stays abreast of developments in the publishing space, including tools and platforms, and articulates the implications for the business, as well as up-stream within the Content area.
- Serves on the disaster recovery team, contributing to contingency planning.
- Liaises with the business and technology vendors on CPS business systems for enhancements and upgrades.
- Supports the CPS demand management journey through development of workflow that enables a book of 1 or of few, leveraging technology to organize make-readies for minimization of downtime.
- Communicates status updates and reports to management and key stakeholders.
- Responsible for elicitation, analysis, validation, and documentation of business needs and requirements.
- Reviews, elicits, and writes formal specifications and communicates business requirements between development and business to design and implement business solutions, as well as lead each project through implementation.
- Develops and improves business processes within the technology and business organizations and understands business requirements, specifying and analyzing these to a sufficient or expert level of detail to ensure clarity of definition.
- Recommends and validates technical solutions to meet requirements based on understanding of how technical solutions will impact the business and stakeholders as required.
- May work on significant & unique issues requiring evaluation of intangibles and use expertise to provide solutions to complex problems.
- Provides technical guidance to project team members on tasks.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with business areas.
- Monitors and uses a structured requirements process to assess needs.
- May research and analyze current processes and recommends tools for implementation that meets user requirements and is cost effective.
- Ensures that implementation follows the design and directs modifications of the design, along with ensuring system assurance methodology is followed.
- Ensures change management and communication of change to management and/or business users is done in a systematic way for complex projects.
- Proactively identifies, recommends, and implements improvements to the process.
- Develops extensive understanding of multiple Thomson Reuters Core Publishing Solutions technologies, products, and services.
- Participates in short term planning sessions with the business to improve a business process.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
No job matches. Start a new search below!