Leeds - Federal Signal Corporation
The position of welder with the company of FS Solutions includes but is not limited to the following;
Job Functions (Essential)
1. Obtain necessary materials need for the completion of each assigned weld.
2. Grasp, Grip, and manipulate hand tools to complete each individual weld on a variety of truck parts.
3. Read and follow tank schematic.
4. Grasp, manipulate and hold the steel components and the parts to be welded.
5. Assembly of parts.
6. Operate overhead crane system.
7. Weld parts onto partially assembled truck components.
8. Lifting of truck parts to hold while co-worker utilizes tools to secure to sub-frame.
9. Prolonged postures (bending, stooping, kneeling, standing, walking, and squatting) while performing all job tasks.
10. Operate welding equipment while standing on scaffolding 20 feet above the floor.
11. When complete, welded all major components for the truck.
1. Using Overhead crane system and forklift to manipulate items above the weight restriction.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Employee will be required to operate equipment such as Mig and Tig welding machines. Will be required to operate gas torch, plasma torch, grinders, jib hoist, and overhead crane. Will need to maintain a clean, safe work environment. Must be able to work under minimal supervision and supply own hand tools. Employee must be willing to work overtime when needed.
Minimum of 2 years of mechanical assembly experience with strong mechanical aptitude is required. Ability to read blue prints and hydraulic schematics is desired. Welding skills are required.
Job Title: Weld Shop
Job Task Physical Demand Equipment/Tools
Weld all components of the truck.
Will obtain the necessary materials for the weld of truck component. Manipulate all the necessary components of the truck. Will measure and weld each assigned part. Read and understand schematics. Grip and manipulate welding tools in order to complete each part. Will weld seams, attach components to truck parts, complete weld of boxes and all other components. Stand
Supine Welding torches
Large and Small hand tools
Personal Protective Equipment
Several completed components weigh above the weight restriction and require the employee to use the overhead crane or forklift in order to manipulate each item.
Tandem lifting is required if the item is over 50 lbs. Weights over 100 lbs. require the use of a lifting device in the place of a tandem lift.
No job matches. Start a new search below!