for the Business Development Manager, Surveillance €“ Radar/Vehicles OEM & Int position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Business Development Manager, Surveillance €“ Radar/Vehicles OEM & Int
Austin - FLIR Systems
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Title: Business Development Manager, Surveillance " Radar/Vehicles OEM & Integrator
Reports to: Director of Business Development, Surveillance - OEM & Integrator.
FLIR Systems is seeking an energetic and technically savvy radar/vehicle sensor business development manager to join our Surveillance Business Development team. This individual will be responsible for increasing the companys sales and market share of the US Army vehicle sensor and radar market by developing relationships with key OEMs and Systems Integrators. Focus will be on OEMs in the Aberdeen Proving Ground and Detroit areas. The team member will be expected to grow the business by developing and executing pursuit strategies for FLIR vehicle sensor and radar products, identifying new customers, managing existing customers, and working to anticipate future customer requirements and needs. A readiness to collaborate with the domestic and international teams and a focus on understanding the end user requirements and gaining market intelligence is essential.
Area of Responsibility: United States and Canada
Duties and responsibilities for this role:
- Promote, develop and conclude the sales of FLIR Systems radar/vehicle products with radar/vehicle OEMs
- Manage the sales process with an emphasis on predictable growth and success in programmatic business development
- Lead the proposal process for all OEM and integrator radar/vehicle pursuits
- Travel up to 50% in the territory to complete the sales objectives (~100 to 120 travel days)
- Support OEMs and integrators with timely responses to RFQs, RFPs, demo requests, and information requests.
- Work collaboratively with International and Domestic end user Business Development teams
- Coordinate with the applications engineering group on ensuring our customers are fully supported in all technical requirements
- Travel to support trade shows, customer demonstrations, and other business development activities
- Develop intelligence on competitors in the marketplace, anticipate trends and future requirements
- Host customer visits to FLIR Systems facilities
- Plan, organize, lead demonstrations of FLIR products to prospective customers.
- Provide timely reporting of sales forecast activities and updates to quarterly and annual plans as requested.
- You can work independently. You can multi-task at a fast pace and also retain a strong level of attention to detail.
- At least 8 years of strategic selling experience, with strong emphasis on large pursuits and complex requirements in the radar/vehicle sector.
- Experience in selling EO/IR, weapons systems, or other technically complex equipment to vehicle manufacturers (OEMs) and vehicle integrators is a must.
- A college degree in business, engineering, or related field is required.
- Key ability to convey complex information in simple and easy to understand customer presentations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and experience in accurately forecasting sales utilizing a CRM tool such as Dynamics or SalesForce is a must.
The preferred candidate will be located near Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Preference given to those who have served in the U.S. Military or Federal Law Enforcement.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
No job matches. Start a new search below!