for the Commodity Specialist, AM Supply Chain position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Commodity Specialist, AM Supply Chain
East Hartford - Pratt & Whitney
PW Aftermarket Supply Chain is seeking an experienced Commodity Specialist to manage the analytics, business cases and several key initiatives by coordinating; supporting and leading and coordinating all team activities for the PW Aftermarket spend, savings, supplier performance metrics. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of procurement activities across Licensing, Supply Chain, RSL and TSS and will require exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to meet objectives, obtain the correct data, required information, and financial backing to document all divisional savings. This position will support the Senior Director, Aftermarket Supply Chain
Experience in purchasing, finance, operations, supply chain management is recommended.
Documented strategic sourcing leadership with proven history of identifying, measuring, and reporting all savings, cost avoidance, and cost reduction across the enterprise will be required. Previous experience with supply management and a working understanding of a multi-cultural/multi-national customer /supplier base and a deep understanding of both the internal and external business landscapes will be beneficial. Proven record of working with ACE or similar Total Quality Management tools and metrics. Preference given to United Technologies candidates who have ACE Associate or higher certification, with similar preference given to candidates outside United Technologies with documented TQM certification.
The candidate will be expected to work with all areas of the Aftermarket Supply Chain to:
- Develop and implement effective sourcing and cost savings strategies
- Manage supplier LTA strategies for the organization
- Gain alignment with all teams across aftermarket on key initiatives
- Partner with all buyers, commodity managers, and purchasing management to support the achievement of departmental goals
- Work closely with the team to understand the relationship to volume and supplier performance
- Lead cost recovery and resolve disputes between suppliers and the company
- Identify opportunities and advise or monitor changing market conditions
- Create and maintain departmental metrics
- Use ACE tools to track and improve processes within area of responsibility
- SAP experience with specific focus on purchasing-related document flow
- Perform business cases to identify opportunities for cost avoidance/savings across the supply chain enterprise
The selected candidate will frequently interface with the global supply chain and all levels of management. Also, the candidate will work with all participating stakeholder groups and must exhibit strong communication skills. The individual must possess established and proven skills to develop and foster positive working relationships while maintaining customer and organizational priorities. Strategic leadership with a focus on results is key for success.
Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Access/Excel/Visio/ProjectManager/Tableau,R is required
U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status (Green Card) is required. Must have valid passport.
Education Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain or a related field. MBA preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
No job matches. Start a new search below!