for the Data Recovery Shipping & Receiving - Toronto, Canada position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Data Recovery Shipping & Receiving - Toronto, Canada
Toronto - KrolLDiscovery
Join Kroll Ontrack Canada as Shipping and Recvieing Clerk. In this role, you will receive the incoming inventory and supplies, ship outbound inventory and supplies, and keep records of materials sent.
- Requisition and store materials to maintain stock. Maintain warehouse to provide a clean and safe environment for all.
- Perform backup operations for returning data and verify media selection. Locate or procure parts, and or remove disk assemblies from casings and laptops or exchange failing parts to accomplish task.
- Complete all job task information into Jobtrack for recovery procedures performed in ES area.
This cross-functional position will provide assistance or take full responsibility for work being performed in any aspect of DR engineering services and shipping/receiving operations. Additional responsibilities will entail interacting and receiving jobs via walk-in by customers. Communication with CSR's/DSR's to effectively receive DR jobs in and work as liaison for satellite location and any administrative back up as required.
- Perform shipping and receiving functions for the entire Data Recovery group.
- Ensure that receiving and shipping of equipment, media, and other materials is processed correctly and in a timely manner and that all documentation for the check-in of media and customer equipment is well maintained and accurate.
- Recognize different computer equipment and any storage media types (i.e. hard drives, tape cartridges, etc.). Disassemble computers to remove media and properly label the equipment and media pursuant to Kroll Ontrack policies and procedures. Ensure that customer equipment and media is properly labeled, disassembled, properly stored and reassembled carefully and accurately.
- Receive incoming inventory and supplies to ensure all equipment is received correctly and expeditiously into the appropriate software system, and delivered to the correct destination.
- Ship out equipment and supplies accurately, timely, and in a way that prevents damage during transport.
- Requisition and store material to maintain adequate stock needed for daily functions. Notify Production Lead when re-orders are needed.
- Interact and communicate with customers dropping off and picking hardware for recovery. This includes answering basic questions regarding Ontrack's Data Recovery services and basic customer service related issues.
- Communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and written, on status of Data Recovery jobs. Ensure that Job flow can be comprehensively followed by sales and lab engineers.
- Travel may be required once a year for training purposes.
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent required
- One to three years technical/computer related experience desired
- Backup software and email system experience desired
- Experience in a Customer Support and/or computer Tech Support position desired
- Experience with assembling and disassembling computer hardware required
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task and work independently and as part of a team.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Basic understanding of computer equipment and storage media types
Kroll Ontrack is the data recovery and data destruction business of KrolLDiscovery, a global provider of eDiscovery, information governance and data recovery solutions. At the core, we understand that data is the lifeblood of a business.
Effectively managing information is critical to any business. However, protecting data, while managing it for legal and regulatory demands, can be complex and time consuming, and can divert focus from core business priorities. This is where we help our customers.
With world-renowned experts and an unmatched breadth and depth of global solutions, we are an experienced and trusted partner. We deliver consultative services and leading technologies that promote repeatable business processes so our customers can focus on the rest of their business needs.
Data Recovery Solutions
With cleanroom facilities worldwide and engineering expertise in every major global region, customers count on Kroll Ontrack for global data recovery, restoration and destruction needs.
Utilizing the dedication of a strong team of research and development experts, Kroll Ontrack has developed hundreds of proprietary solutions over the past 30 years to recover data from tapes, hard drives, solid state drives, flash media, mobile devices, virtual environments, operating systems and myriad other storage devices. We serve our clients through in-lab, remote and do-it-yourself capabilities that meet the direct need of consumers, businesses and the enterprise. We additionally offer customized solutions to address complex, high-end enterprise environments and newly-emerging technologies.
In addition to data recovery, Kroll Ontrack offers secure erasure software and services to permanently erase all traces of information from media prior to disposal, essentially protecting sensitive information from falling into the wrong hands. Finally, our Ontrack PowerControls suite of products empowers the ability to search, collect, recover, restore and manage data efficiently across Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Microsoft SharePoint and SQL.
As an employee you will receive a competitive earnings package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage, 401(k) with company match, educational assistance, and other perks and benefits.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and is not intended, and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
KrolLDiscovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
No job matches. Start a new search below!