for the Software Engineer position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Mounds View - Medtronic
The Cardiac and Vascular Group brings all of our cardiac and vascular businesses together into one cross-functional, collaborative operating unit to employ the full breadth of our talent, technologies, products, services, and solutions to address the needs of customers and patients across the globe. Cardiac Rhythm and Heart Failure offers devices and therapies to treat abnormal heart rhythms, as well as cardiac diagnostic and monitoring solutions.
Careers that Change Lives
Ideation! Bring advanced embedded software knowledge, engineering expertise and leadership to platform, infrastructure, and integration software supporting cutting edge technical solutions for our software-driven medical robotics platform.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
In this role, you will provide high quality operational and technical support of the Web based & Desktop monitoring application system. This position will be responsible for responding, identifying and resolving issues involving Desktop & Web applications and the wireless cellular transmitter. This position will also work closely with the Sr. level team members, web services development team and the end-users in generating reports, writing custom SQL queries and troubleshooting.
Day in the Life:
Must Have: Minimum Qualifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 2+ years of experience
Nice to Have:
- Strong skills in Databases including MySQL, SQL-server and ETL
- Expert level of Linux systems administration & Web Services Platform
- Strong knowledge of Software design, development, debug, log archival & research and test practices.
- Solid understanding of Open Source concept and Apache foundation
- Experience with integrated development environment such as Netbeans, Eclipse or Visual Studio
- Strong knowledge of software design, development, debug and test practices
- Minimum GPA 3.0 (on 4.0 scale)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Relevant academic projects and/or internship experience
- Experiences with one or more of the following: C/C++, web technologies/networking, JAVA, Python, Perl, real-time systems, Linux and databases.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
No job matches. Start a new search below!