for the Calibration/Metrology Tech III position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Calibration/Metrology Tech III
Mounds View - Medtronic
A mid-level non-exempt, technical position providing calibration, inspection, and repair of test and measurement equipment in research, development, and manufacturing environments to FDA and ISO requirements.
* Perform job functions under minimum supervision in laboratory, production area, clean room, and test environments. May provide direction or training to lower-level technicians. May require travel to off-site locations up to 60 miles. May require travel outside of Minnesota up to 10% of time.
* Perform calibrations and measurements traceable to the International System of Units (SI) using appropriate reference standards. Test and measurement equipment range from general-purpose electronic or electrical test equipment to custom built automated manufacturing test consoles. Disciplines comprise: Frequency & Time, DC Voltage, AC Voltage, Resistance, Capacitance, Inductance, and Current.
* Create and modify calibration procedures by determining metrology requirements from manufacturer's manuals, laboratory methods, or system requirements.
* Enter calibration results into calibration tracking / documentation computer system.
* Troubleshoot, inspect, and repair test and measurement equipment in support of new projects.
* Work with automated calibration software to perform calibrations using IEEE488, GPIB, Serial, Ethernet, and USB test connections.
* Works closely with equipment users, engineers, and other technicians in the proper operation and selection of test and measurement equipment.
* Provide on-site calibration support for equipment that is either too sensitive to move or is too large and not feasible to relocate.
* Work overtime when necessary to support high priority requests or meet project goals.
Minimum of two years technical school training (60 semester credits) in metrology and calibration, or equivalent military education and training. ASQ Certified Calibration Technician rating is a plus.
* Minimum 5 years technician experience in metrology/calibration.
Requires advanced knowledge and experience with principles and practices of metrology/calibration including: electronic and electrical calibrations, calibration tracking, and documentation software systems.
Strong math and physics background.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and Windows OS.
Working knowledge of automated calibration software procedures using LabWindows, LabView, Fluke MetCal, or a similar environment.
Knowledge of calibration equipment standards to include test uncertainty ratio and test accuracy ratio analysis.
Familiar with these regulations: FDA 21 CFR Part 820 cGMP, ISO 13485, ISO 10012, and ISO 17025.
Possess a valid Driver's License.
Organized, efficient, process oriented; interpersonal/communication skills; self-motivated; team player; strong work ethic; works well under pressure in a dynamic environment; tactful, exercises independent judgment and discretion - professional presentation.
Lift up to 50 pounds to a workbench under ideal conditions (NIOSH).
* Clean Room
* Eye Protection
* Bend/Stoop/Kneel/Lift - 1 hr a day
* Stand/Sit/Walk - 7 hrs a day
No job matches. Start a new search below!