for the Sr Procurement Specialist- New Product Development position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Sr Procurement Specialist- New Product Development
North Haven - Medtronic
Careers that Change Lives
You will be a key member of Medtronic’s Minimally Invasive Therapies Group (MITG) Business Unit Strategic Sourcing team working to commercialize a Surgical Robotics Platform.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions. SURGICAL INNOVATIONS sets the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
A Day in the Life
You will manage pre-production materials planning and associated supplier management support for New Product Introduction (NPI) projects. Purchase, plan and coordinate resulting material movement throughout design and pre-production sequences. You will have up front procurement responsibility to challenge & analyze data and determine factors that affect prices and availability; determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability and ability to meet required schedules.
• Be a integral core team or extended team member for assigned Project Team's.
• Ensure sufficient detail is on all supplier quotes
• Serve as liaison between Project team and suppliers including Contract Manufacturing.
• Track project material on-hand at Contract Manufacturer or relevant supplier.
• Negotiate delivery dates with suppliers for prototype assemblies. Tracks progress on critical items.
• Coordinate and follow up with contract manufacturing to ensure appropriate procurement, scheduling and movement of materials and services are transitioned into production.
• Manage Sharepoint purchase order request from contract manufacturer
• Exercise due diligence to obtain required authorizations to return material to the supplier and replace material as needed in an expeditious manner.
• Serves as liaison between Corporate Legal, and potential suppliers for Non Disclosures / Design Consulting and Service Agreements / Supply Agreements in order to facilitate Projects.
• Develop understanding of Engineering Change authorizations
• Assist with invoice payment queries
• Create spend analysis
• Track expenditure by contract manufacturers
No job matches. Start a new search below!