for the Sr Tax Accountant position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Sr Tax Accountant
Heerlen - Medtronic
Senior VAT specialist EMEA
Careers that Change Lives
In this role, you will deal with VAT planning and projects in multiple EMEA jurisdictions work on many different types of projects and will have regular interaction with business, supply chain and finance teams as you help them solve their VAT issues. This is a fantastic opportunity for a person that is hands on, technical and ambitious who is looking to take their career to the next level and wants to concentrate on non-compliance areas of VAT.
A Day in the Life
Medtronic's Indirect tax group consists of a VAT planning team (8 FTE), located in the Netherlands, Switzerland and other EMEA countries and a VAT compliance team (12 FTE), located at Medtronic's shared services center in Prague, Czech Republic. Medtronic is looking for a Senior VAT specialist EMEA who will strengthen the VAT planning team.
This is a newly created role within the VAT group of Medtronic. Reporting to the Senior Manager Indirect Taxes EMEA, this role will focus on VAT advisory, planning, audit, and project work (including but not limited to supporting M&A and joint venture type projects). The position will be located in Heerlen (Netherlands) with the VAT planning team.
As a Senior VAT Specialist you will provide advice to Medtronic businesses on VAT matters and recommend potential planning alternatives to minimize VAT liabilities in various EMEA countries. You will support VAT planning, advisory, audit, and project work in the country where you will be located, in addition to other countries as determined by the Senior Manager Indirect Taxes EMEA. You will support VAT audits and controversy in the EMEA region and support the M&A Tax Group and Business Tax Planning Group on VAT due diligence for EMEA region acquisitions and divestitures, as well as strategic alliances/JVs (Incl. support integration activities).
Next to that you will collaborate with other departments such as Supply chain, Trade Compliance, IT and SAP teams on projects. Advise EMEA country controllers on VAT technical rules and assist in the setting of correct VAT rates on all company products and services in each country in the EMEA region and obtaining tax rulings (when appropriate) from tax authorities to minimize VAT risk on Medtronic products and services.
You will promote and drive continuous process improvements in the VAT organization using the Lean methodology in line with the Medtronic Operating System (MOS). Lead process changes in the VAT planning, advisory, audit and controversy area and pProvide guidance, coaching and training to junior staff and peers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Tax, Accounting or Business Administration;
- Fluent in English language (oral and written)
- Second European language (oral and written)
- 5+ years of VAT Tax experience in a Big4 accounting firm, law firm, government or with a multinational corporation.
- 5+ years of VAT Tax experience with an advanced Tax degree
- Extensive knowledge of EU and European VAT laws
- Experience with VAT issues for multinational companies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent people and team player skills with good communication style
Nice to Haves
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles, intermediary understanding of finance, accounting & controls
- Solid analytical and research skills
- Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions;
- Solid analytical and research skills
- Preferably has some experience in working in an international multi-cultural environment
- Ability to self-start and be able to manage deadlines
- Ability to apply good judgment and problem solving skills to identify critical risks
- Good project management skills with results-oriented focus. Ability to help drive management strategy into results.
- Progressive mind-set, innovative thinking (always looking for improvement opportunities)
- SAP experience and strong Excel skills
- Ability to travel across EMEA region (10-15%)
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives.Help us shape the
Founded in 1949 as a medical repair company, we're now among the world's largest medical technology, services and solutions companies, employing more than 89,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in over 155 countries. With our European Operations Center for Distribution and Shared Services in Heerlen, the Bakken Research Center in Maastricht, our manufacturing facility in Kerkrade, and the Dutch sales office in Eindhoven, Medtronic Netherlands has more than 1,750 employees.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.
No job matches. Start a new search below!