for the Principal Software Engineer position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Principal Software Engineer
Carlsbad - Medtronic
PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Careers that Change Lives
Medtronic is a global leader in medical technology, services, and solutions that take on the healthcare industry's greatest challenges. You will be a member of Respiratory Medical Services in Minimally Invasive Therapies business group that supports design and development of ventilation products that save patient lives and impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
A Day in the Life
The Principal Software Engineer is a member of the R&D product development team. You will work as a member of a large multi-functional (hardware, software, electrical, mechanical) team in the software design and development of embedded software for Respiratory Care Products reflecting high professional standards. In this role, you are responsible for ensuring that software used in the development, manufacturing and as part of medical devices is developed according to good design practices and follows the corresponding requirements set forth by local procedures, regulatory authorities and notified bodies. In this role, you will provide leadership, oversight and training to division manufacturing plants for computerized system validation.
- Responsible for software designs and work products from start to finish
- Provide technical leadership in software design, development, and test
- Implement software in accordance with defined development process
- Mentor software developers and provide technical guidance
- Work with management and colleagues to establish best practices.
- Ensure adherence to product specifications, industry standards, and quality and regulatory procedures and requirements.
- Provide engineering expertise to cross functional teams
- Participates in development of product requirements and technical specifications
- Participate in the identification and resolution of complex system issues
- BSEE/CS or equivalent. MSEE/CS preferred
- 8+ years of experience with complex embedded system software design and development
- Hands on working knowledge of C/C++.
- Knowledge of OOA&D and UML is strongly desired.
- Candidate should be strongly knowledgeable and have a demonstrated experience in software engineering processes and product life cycles.
- Candidate should have experience developing software in a regulated industry such as medical, aerospace, defense, etc.
- Proficient in design and development utilizing native and managed technologies, targeted for Smart Devices
- Good understanding of Systems Engineering
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good team player and leader
Nice to Have
- Good mentoring skills and a desire to mentor junior staff
- Requirement tracing tools such as Requisite Pro or Doors or Polarion
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
No job matches. Start a new search below!