for the Principal Communications Specialist, Executive Communications position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Principal Communications Specialist, Executive Communications
Northridge - Medtronic
Principal Communications Specialist, Executive Communications
Location: Northridge, CA
Careers That Change Lives
The Principal Communications Generalist is an important member of the Global Communications and Corporate Marketing function at Medtronic Diabetes. This individual will be responsible for managing and executing Group and Executive Communication strategies across multiple channels - both internally and externally - with a strong focus on Executive Social Media (ESM).
Bring your expertise to l ead the content development strategy for ESM to position Medtronic Diabetes as a thought leader in the industry and r each/engage/influence new audiences by driving the conversation around value-based healthcare and outcomes. The ideal candidate will be an excellent writer who can turn engaging content around quickly. They will also be data driven with experience working in social media for a medical device or other highly regulated industry.
A Day in the Life
- You will responsible for developing original content for ESM channels including Facebook and Twitter, writing the internal/external executive blogs and managing the ESM content calendar.
- You will develop and execute Executive Social Media (ESM) strategy for Medtronic Diabetes Group President.
- You will manage the Diabetes Group editorial calendar and process.
- You will develop stories and content for internal and external audiences that bring to life Medtronic's Mission.
- You will anticipate and manage communications for issues that arise on social media that could impact the company's reputation.
- You will track, monitor, and analyze performance analytics of social media and other channels to optimize engagement and develop strategies to maximize ESM channel awareness and traffic, including organic and paid social media initiatives.
- You will manage daily moderation and respond to social media comments per company operating procedures and other guidelines.
- You will stay abreast of key industry trends, best practices, and emerging social media trends. Identify and propose new opportunities appropriate for the channels.
- You will liaise with legal, compliance and risk teams to assure social governance policies and procedures are met when publishing to channels and engaging with stakeholders.
Visit www.medtronicdiabetes.com to see an overview of the products in our Diabetes product portfolio.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Bachelor's degree with 6 years of professional work experience in internal and/or external communications/PR or Master's degree with 4 years of professional work experience in internal and/or external communications/PR
- Experience in healthcare (i.e. medical device, biotech, or pharma) industry
- Experience with analysis/analytics and reporting (i.e., social media reporting tools Google Analytics, Adobe Social)
- Mix of newsroom experience and Communications role in a large global corporate environment ideal.
- Strong comfort level with social media platforms and community management for the medical device, pharmaceutical or biotechnology fields.
- Team player with a positive attitude and ability to work cross-functionally and cross-regionally in a highly-matrixed organization.
- Analytical mind with ability to plan, measure, and report on program successes through targeted Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Highly organized and strong project management skillset with the ability to proactively drive projects and content forward; demonstrate a strong bias for action.
- Experience in design and visual mediums (PowerPoint, infographics, still images, video).
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to travel up to 10%
At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We believe that together, we can change healthcare worldwide. We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
The Diabetes Group at Medtronic is part of Medtronic plc, the global leader in medical technology. We are committed to ongoing breakthrough developments in leading-edge technology, unrivaled service and support, and uncompromising leadership. Medtronic is working with the global community to change the way people manage diabetes. Together, we will transform diabetes care by expanding access, integrating care and improving outcomes, so people with diabetes can enjoy greater freedom and better health.
No job matches. Start a new search below!