for the Manager of Retail Operations – Gas position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Manager of Retail Operations – Gas
Houston - EDF Trading North America, LLC
Job title: Manager of Retail Operations - Gas
Reports to: SVP, IT & Operations
EDF Energy Services provides electricity, natural gas and environmental products to large-scale, energy-intensive commercial and industrial consumers. Consistently ranked in the top 10 of suppliers to large C&I customers, EDF Energy Services structures single or multi-commodity products with medium to long-term programs. These product offerings encompass holistic services and include energy supply, hedging strategies and risk management features including demand response and onsite generation management options. EDF Energy Services partners with customers to establish the best product combination to meet their business objectives. In addition, EDF Energy Services provides an on-line portal which includes real-time market pricing, analysis and usage data to assist customers in making the best decisions based on their commodity budgets and goals.
EDF Energy Services is a 100% owned subsidiary of EDF, one of the world's biggest electricity generators.
EDF Trading and EDF Energy Services have around 800 employees with key offices in London, Paris, Singapore, Houston and Calgary.
Responsibility for all Gas Billing functions for all markets in the US and Canada, as well as future market growth opportunities, including invoice reconciliation, disputes investigation/resolution, and processing the exchange of critical information between our internal applications and our customers.
- Lead, direct and mentor team
- Provide responsive customer service to both end customers, internal customers and sales partners
- Execute back office activities including:
- Management of complex suite of gas billing products
- Revenue assurance (post billing)
- Transaction management and communication with utilities, brokers and energy managers
- Identify and respond to customer defaults and/or service cancellations
- Ensure performance by third party vendors and achieve cost targets
- Maintain corporate knowledge and train staff regarding the operational procedures and risk mitigating controls for each process and market
- Create and monitor key performance indicators and adjust the focus of improvement efforts
- Recommend and lead the implementation of process and system improvements to deliver enhanced business results
- Define the path to delivering increased customer value, and create a staff development plan focused on delivering customer value
- Participate in business expansion and development efforts to ensure the Operations function scales with the rest of the organization
- Track payments, assist with and develop creative strategies for dealing with delinquent accounts or counterparties
- Provide assistance during internal and external audits
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, or business preferred. An equivalent combination of experience, education and training may be substituted for degree.
- Advanced degree preferred
- 5 years' experience in gas markets and deal flow, preferably in a managerial role
- 5 years' experience in natural gas billing
- Demonstrated experience with project execution, delivering expected results on time and on budget
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deliver clear and concise messages (both written and oral)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and relational databases
- Retail accounting experience preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience evaluating, selecting, and managing third party vendors
- Experience implementing staff development plans
- Formal or self-directed training in coaching for performance
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Highly confident, articulate individual who is a team player
- Ability to prioritize task and be able to respond to changes in priorities
- Ability to explain complex ideas
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient and enthusiastic individual who has strong desire to grow within the Company
- Good understanding of business processes and data management
- Highly knowledgeable about EDF and the Company business overview
Note: EDF is an EEO employer
Note: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
No job matches. Start a new search below!