for the Sr. Midwest Gas Trader position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Sr. Midwest Gas Trader
Houston - EDF Trading North America, LLC
EDF Trading is a leader in the international wholesale energy markets. The company manages a portfolio of assets which give it the ability to source, supply, transport, store, blend and convert physical commodities around the world. These capabilities enable EDF Trading to deliver essential asset optimization services, risk management and wholesale market access to the EDF Group and its third party customers, helping them to realize the value inherent in their asset portfolios.
EDF Trading is active in the electricity, natural gas, LNG, LPG, coal and freight and environmental products markets. It is one of the largest wholesale market traders in Europe for power and gas and one of the leading marketers of gas and power in the US. Its affiliate, EDF Energy Services is one of the main providers of generation services for power generation companies in the US and a leading US energy retailer for large commercial and industrial customers. In 2017, EDF Trading broadened the scope of its coal and freight activities in the form of a minority (33%) stake in JERA Trading, one of the leading utility backed global coal traders.
EDF Trading is a 100% owned subsidiary of EDF, one of the world's biggest electricity generators.
EDF Trading has around 800 employees with key offices in London, Paris, Singapore, Houston and Calgary.
- Develop and execute proprietary physical trading strategies based on fundamental & technical analysis
- Identify, coordinate and execute physical optimization activity within the region
- Drive and execute the physical optimization activity within the region
- Manage proprietary short-term physical positions utilizing available physical and financial products
- Identify arbitrage opportunities supported by asset positions
- Identify and procure strategic assets that support the growth of a broad trading strategy
- Utilize optimal hedging tools for managing various risk on the trading desk
- Contribute to fundamental analysis and trading strategy discussions with regional gas and power desks
- Coordinate with origination and business development teams to identify, negotiate and implement asset management and asset acquisition opportunities
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics or similar discipline
- A strong background in physical natural gas markets including storage and pipeline transportation activity
- Proven financial basis trading experience
- Financial & analytical skills required for pricing, risk assessment and transaction structuring.
- Professional judgment and sensitivity necessary to earn client confidence.
- Must possess strong knowledge of Midwest regional natural gas markets.
- A proven independent trading record.
- Minimum 7 years of qualified Midwest natural gas trading experience with an emphasis on asset optimization
- Strong communication skills that can be leveraged to provide guidance to co-workers
- Highly confident and articulate individual who is a team player and work well with other desks.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and be able to respond to changes in priorities.
- Ability to explain complex ideas in a cohesive, clear manner.
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient and enthusiastic individual who has strong desire to grow within company.
- Good understanding of business processes and data management.
- Effective and collaborative communicator.
Note: EDF is an EEO employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EDF participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
EDF is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EDF via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at EDF in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EDF. As a result, no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EDF.
No job matches. Start a new search below!