for the Functional Area Manager position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Functional Area Manager
Shreveport - ANSER
BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION
The ideal candidate will conduct organized analytical assessments and evaluations to understand and/or evaluate complex issues to inform decision making, policy development, system development, management, or administration of client processes.
SPECIFIC JOB DESCRIPTION
ANSER is seeking an analyst to support Air Force Global Strike Command at Barksdale AFB, LA and other locations as may be required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited:
- Perform Action Officer duties for AFGSC A6 Communications Directorate as a Telecommunications Specialist supporting all ICBM Nuclear Communication Systems and UHF MILSTAR systems in support of B-52 operations.
- Research and coordinate with external agencies to provide critical sustainment and maintenance guidance in support of ICBM and Wing Command Post NC3 systems.
- Coordinate between System Engineers, Program Offices, AFGSC HQ and 20 AF to sustain and support repair of ICBM and Wing Command Post NC3.
- Identify emerging operational requirements, determine impact on programs, and develop recommendations.
- Directly support 6 critical NC3 systems vital to the operational readiness of the ICBM weapon system to meet National Deterrence Operations requirements.
- Prepare and deliver presentations for Branch Chiefs, Division Chiefs, Directors and AFGSC/CC.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Advanced degree in a discipline relevant to the position; or bachelor’s degree plus at least 5 years’ relevant professional experience.
Candidates must possess a bachelor's or advanced degree in Business Management, Engineering (any discipline) or Computer Information Systems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates must possess a minimum of five (5) years’ experience on Air Force MAJCOM, HAF of joint equivalent staffs with job duties supporting secure C2, survivable C2 or COOP/COG planning in order to perform tasks supporting:
- Command and Control (C2)
- Nuclear Command and Control (NC2)
- National Leadership Command Capability (NLCC) including Nuclear Command and Control Communications (NC3) platforms and systems
As part of, or in addition to the experience above, candidates must also possess a least 3 years’ experience supporting acquisition lifecycle and sustainment at Air Force MAJCOM, HAF, or joint equivalent.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with ANSER, please call 703-416-2000 or e-mail Recruiting@anser.org
An Affirmative Action
Equal Opportunity Employer
M / F / D / V
No job matches. Start a new search below!