for the Maintenance Worker position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Schaumburg - Simon
This position is accountable for troubleshooting, repairs and performing preventive maintenance relative to the mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing systems and physical structural elements of the center.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Routinely inspects facility, troubleshoots and makes repairs to the mechanical, electrical, air conditioning and plumbing systems, as well as any structural elements on the property
- Perform a variety of maintenance/minor repair activities on the interior/exterior areas of the property including, but not limited to, painting, drywall, structural elements, including parking lot and sidewalks, plumbing repairs, clears drain stoppages, interior and exterior lighting including lamp, fuse and ballast replacement
- Operate a variety of equipment to perform preventive maintenance, minor repairs and maintain cleanliness of property
- Assist other departments, including but not limited to, Marketing to setup events and Local Leasing with placement and repair of carts
- Perform the job in accordance with all applicable standards, policies and regulatory guidelines (i.e. OSHA standards) to promote a safe working environment
- Schedule and preform preventive maintenance programs as assigned by management.
- Ensure the appropriate inventory systems, records, files, material safety data sheets, supplies, equipment and tools are maintained
- Periodically inspect air handling units, tighten or replace belts, replace filters and grease components. Maintain logs to document activity
- Performs exterior custodial duties as needed. May include sweeping sidewalks, wet mop sidewalks, operate steam cleaner, operate hand vacuum. Gather trash and empty trash receptacles; operate compactor and turn trash carts
- May perform additional maintenance duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED preferred. Technical School certifications and/or training preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years building maintenance experience performing some carpentry, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing functions
- Ability to read and interpret documents, plans and schematic drawings and comprehend instructions. Ability to effectively present information to departmental management, employees, tenants, and outside contacts
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to define problems, collect information and establish facts.
- Paint, electrical, plumbing, and drywall skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Capability to diagnose problems on equipment
- Knowledge of basic electrical systems
- Knowledge of safety rules, hazards and application of accident prevention measures
- Basic knowledge of fire protection hydraulic system and fire protection alarm systems
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
No job matches. Start a new search below!