for the Cargo Service Specialist I position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Cargo Service Specialist I
Anchorage - Lynden Air Frieght, Inc.
Follow Lynden policies for attendance, attitude, and professionalism. Performs day to day warehouse operations such as: Driving forklift, loading & unloading containers, weighing freight, documentation, and other physical labor associated with handling freight. Employees are also expected use computers scanners to receive freight, drive and maintain company vehicles, complete TSA Security Training and Hazardous Materials Training. The ability to possess and maintain a SIDA Badge.
- Safety is Lynden’s first responsibility to our employees and or customers.
- Receive initial training: TSA Security Training for SIDA areas, forklift, hazmat, customer service receiving, and LMS training, container and freight recovery from carriers).
- Loads and unloads shipments into or out of containers or pallets by hand or forklift
- Load and secure shipments in or on truck for transportation.
- Follows directions regarding delivery to airlines and/or delivery route.
- Verifies piece count and inspects packages for damage on all freight being received.
- Follows procedures in scanning freight, documenting, and cross dock functions for in store deliveries.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean, performing truck inspections, and filing written reports.
- Responsible for delivery of product, following all laws and company policies, including maintaining a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Employee is responsible for advising management if driving record or license is not up to company requirements.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Loading and unloading of aircraft and building of scheduled and charter flights.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Up to 12 months experience in a warehouse setting preferred.
Ability to write legibly, on all documents your name, numbers, and to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos. Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
Ability to count, add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed and involved written or verbal instructions. Ability to deal with problems using decision making capabilities to resolve in the best interest of the company and the customer.
Must have clean driving record, a valid Class D license, provide a DMV abstract. The ability to acquire and maintain a DOT Medical Card, required to drive and operate vehicles over 10,000 GVW.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift and move cargo, frequently up to 50 lbs and occasionally up to 100 lbs; frequent walking, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Able to use and train on warehouse equipment, tools, and/or controls. Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Wide range of vision abilities required (close vision, distance, color, & peripheral vision, and depth perception). Occasionally works near conveyor systems, mechanical parts, and exposed to moderate to load noise conditions.
Weather conditions affect truck and forklift driving
No job matches. Start a new search below!