for the Service Technician position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Akron - Oakland Management Corp
The Service Technician position safeguards the interests of the owners by maintaining the physical condition of property and equipment according to company guidelines and standards, and protecting the property and equipment from damage, loss, and deterioration.
• Maintains and cares for equipment as may be necessary for its continuous operation. Completes emergency repairs as may be required to prevent damage or deterioration
• Documents replacement of appliances, carpet, vinyl, water heaters, condensers, etc., in all units. Also tracks systems repairs, apartment painting (full paint or touch-up), refrigerator coil cleaning, and other major repairs
• Maintains an adequate inventory supply level while ensuring service shop is clean and organized
• Performs daily pool/spa inspections (in season) to ensure proper water chemistry and cleanliness of pool/spa area, and to ascertain needed repairs or improvements
• Keeps premises supplied with cold and hot water at all times. Keeps premises heated and cooled as the seasons or local ordinance may require Performs routine maintenance and repair on central and/or individual air conditioning units as authorized or directed by Supervisor
• Notes building deficiencies or needs to Supervisor in writing
• Adheres to established policies related to fair housing
• Maintains confidentiality of co-workers, management, owners, past and current residents, vendors, and all outside contacts
• Assists other Service Technician(s), and Groundskeeper(s) in the maintenance/cleanliness of the common areas
• As predetermined by the owner-approved budget for the property, the service staff member(s) is / are required to use their own labor to perform carpet cleaning, apartment cleaning, and interior painting with limited use of outside contractors.
• Scheduling / contracting vendors to perform apartment turnover services that exceed the budgeted amount in the given month, will require the written consent of the Property Manager.
• Maintain grounds and exteriors including but not limited to pool cleaning, snow removal, trash pick-up.
All service associates are either directly responsible for these standards or all required to support the service team in achieving these standards.
• Ensures that all interior and exterior areas of the property are litter free, clean and presentable, keeping sidewalks and entry ways free of snow and ice whenever necessary.
• Priority One areas are to be inspected daily and tended to on a continual basis to ensure curb appeal
• Check annual flowers for watering, weeding, and pinch dead blossoms a minimum of once daily.
• Holiday lighting consists of white lights in Regional Manager determined areas.
• All sign lights, Accent/up lights, and pole-mounted lights in Priority One areas are to be operational every night
• Exterior pools, spas, waterfalls, and fountains are opened as early as weather allows and remain open as long as weather permits
• Routine Service Requests are to be completed within 24 hours or within 48 hours when a part is on order or a Contractor is required to complete the request
• Total weekly routine service request calls should not exceed 10% of the total units and no more than 10% with regards to outstanding service requests
• Reports of any water infiltration or mold are treated with high priority and in cases where excessive water infiltration and mold is found; they are treated as an emergency. Mold remediation plans must be followed.
• Follow-up on Service Requests weekly to measure resident satisfaction
• If a service request is open over 24 hours, document the reason and contact the resident.
• Each Service Manager will adhere to the Preventive Maintenance Program guidelines by performing an inspection on each apartment at least two (2) times per year and performing routine preventive maintenance of common areas per schedule
• All floating fountains will receive an annual maintenance checkup
• All limited access gates will receive an annual maintenance checkup by a reputable service company
• All associates are to follow energy conservation guidelines and return climate control thermostats to the appropriate setting (60 degrees Winter/85 degrees summer) and where applicable, turn off wall units. Vacant unit refrigerators should be set to “1” or manufacturer’s recommended lowest settings.
Market Ready/Unit Turns (Assist Service Manager/Supervisor)
• Locks are to be changed within 24 hours of the apartment becoming vacant.
• Apartments are to be made market ready within 72 hours of the move-out when an apartment is pre-assigned and within 3 days of the move-out for routine turns or 5 days of move-out for non-routine turns when the apartment is vacant not rented.
• Service Managers are responsible for approving the completed work of those preparing a market ready apartment, documenting the performance on the Unit Inspection form and signing the form.
• Property Managers are responsible for the final acceptance of a Market Ready apartment by placing the Welcome Card or gift in the apartment.
• All vacant units are to be walked bi-weekly (every other week) and monitored for signs of damage including, but not limited to, water infiltration or situations that will lead to mold growth.
• Only the President of Management is authorized to sign contracts.
• Each site is to display and complete their site-specific cleaning schedules.
Checklists, Binders and Logs
• Each community is to use the Sign In/out log for residents, contractors, and associates.
• Seasonal Routines and Checklists are to be completed by stated deadlines.
• Facility and Service Shops are to be locked when associates are not present.
• Lighting Inspections are to be completed 2 times per month and documented on the inspection form.
• Flexible, innovative and demonstrates the ability to lead and manage.
• High integrity, positive attitude, mission drive and self-directed.
• Passion, dedication and commitment for providing seniors an engaging, enlivening and captivating living environment.
• Ability to identify issues before they occur.
• Able to handle problems as they arise in relation to the operation of the community and collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusion and make changes to prevent the problem from occurring again.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
• High School diploma and related Vocational Training and/or equivalent work experience
• Excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude - must score a 70 % or higher on the pre-employment maintenance test.
• Must have the availability to work a flexible schedule any day of the week, including being “on-call”
• Ability to provide direction and instruction to subordinates, and to communicate effectively and efficiently with residents, supervisors, vendors, and others.
• Previous plumbing, electrical, mechanical, drywall repairs, carpentry, and pool/spa maintenance experience.
• HVAC knowledge and EPA certification.
• Must be able to read and write service requests.
• Previous hotel, commercial and/or apartment maintenance experience preferred
• Excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
• Proficient computer skills including but not related to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Pool certification where required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continually required to:
• Stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arm
• Frequently required to climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
• Snow removal on walkways and entries is a requirement of the position in cold weather climates.
No job matches. Start a new search below!