for the Purchasing Specialist position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Cartersville - Trinity Industries, Inc.
Logistics Supply Chain 1703872 Requisition # 9 hours ago Post Date
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
TrinityRail is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Purchasing Specialist in our Cartersville, Georgia Plant!
What you will do:
- Performs supply chain and logistics functions, which may include, but are not limited to, material procurement, production planning, inventory control, outsourcing, vendor selection and distribution.
- Creates integrated processes among internal functions such as operations, purchasing and logistics and outside suppliers.
- Focuses resources on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through various production processes and establishes key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning/forecasting to measure actual performance against goals on a regular basis
- Promotes alignment by understanding and communicating customer needs and requirements throughout the organization.
- Negotiates favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers and prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of goods, services and supplies for customer-related business processes or for internal use as a generalist or in a combination of Purchasing Disciplines.
What you will need:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in a related field is preferred
- Supply chain experience a plus
- Microsoft experience in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
No job matches. Start a new search below!