for the Architectural Designer - Raleigh position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Architectural Designer - Raleigh
Raleigh - BSA LifeStructures Inc.
BSA LifeStructures is a well-established and leading Architecture and Engineering firm which specializes in Healthcare, Higher Education and Research Facility design. We have offices in Austin, Atlanta, Denver, Indianapolis, Kansas City, St. Louis and Raleigh. We are currently seeking an Architectural Designer for our Raleigh, NC location. This position will assist senior level and project architects with multiple small to large projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Presents design ideas based on factors such as appealing appearance, design-function relationships, serviceability, and client specifications.
- Prepares working drawings from sketches and design specifications.
- Identifies, communicates, and improves design processes with other Designers.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads publications, attends presentations, and consults with various project personnel to establish design concepts.
- Continually increase technical knowledge of materials, products, and detailing.
- May present design to client or design committee and discuss need for modification or change.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Critical Skills and Abilities:
1. Design: Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
2. Effective communication skills: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; reads and interprets complex information; listens well.
3. Demonstrates leadership skills: Able to assume a role of authority, as necessary; sets an example for coworkers; delegates responsibility and empowers associates to make decisions and take personal accountability for decisions.
4. High accuracy and attention to detail: Able to perform work and job function with precision and accuracy; realizes errors can have significant impact on desired results and is able to avoid errors in almost all circumstances; carefully monitors processes; concentrates on details and organizes and maintains a system of records.
5. Computer skills required:
- Microsoft Windows environment
- AutoCAD; Revit
- Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook
- 3-D CAD experience preferred
- Design software and equipment
- Internship(s) in field associated with college major
- Less than 5 year(s): Experience in healthcare or higher education preferred.
- Bachelors or better in Architecture
- Masters or better in Architecture
Licenses & CertificationsPreferred
- Registered Architect
No job matches. Start a new search below!