Calgary - Nabors
- This is a leadership role. The Driller is responsible for ensuring the drilling crew is thoroughly trained in their roles and responsibilities and that their performance consistently meets all safety regulations. The Driller also operates and monitors the essential systems of the drilling rig including: the hoisting, well control, mud and power systems found on all drilling rigs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring the progress of the drilling operation, determine when bits need to be changed while operating pumps, rotary table, draw-works, top drive etc.
- Ensure the drilling crew is thoroughly trained in their roles and responsibilities and that their performance consistently meets all safety regulations.
- Familiar with the BOP system and ascertain the operating position of the BOP's when coming on shift.
- Adjust mud pumps to maintain the proper circulation rate.
- Ensure all appropriate paperwork is completed and maintained.
- Responsible for conducting drills in: evacuation, BOP, firefighting, spill response and other critical conditions that may arise.
- Organize the rig crew in moving and setting up of the drilling rig and camp.
- Maintain a close liaison and adhering to proper procedures with the Rig Manager and crew.
- Learn and adhere to all company safety policies, procedures and practices as well as all government safety regulations.
- Other duties as required by the Rig Manager.
- 1st Line Well Control, H2S Alive, Fall Protection, Rig Rescue, Confined Space Entry and Rescue, Standard First Aid, Special Oilwell Certificate of Competency.
- Working towards a Rig Technician Level 3 Certificate.
- Minimum High School Diploma would be an asset.
- 1000 Drilling hours verified in Blue Book.
Essential Skills/Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Able to react to change and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Able to work in a team environment, effectively communicating to all members of any issues that may arise.
- Able to supervise a minimum of 3 people.
- Able to cope with stressful situations and react accordingly.
- Able to work out of town for minimum of two weeks at a time.
No job matches. Start a new search below!