Nisku - Nabors
- This position is primarily responsible for assisting the Derrickhand and Driller on the drill floor and conducting preventative maintenance on rig equipment. The Floorhand also assists in the mixing of mud and chemicals, cleaning and painting as required, and assists in moving the rig, rigging up and rigging out.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the Drill floor is scrubbed and clean while drilling is taking place.
- Using wrench-like tongs to connect and disconnect the drill pipe during the tripping-in/tripping-out process
- Conduct the preventative maintenance on equipment (as per maintenance manual).
- Catch samples of the drilled cuttings to be analyzed by the Geologist.
- Assist in running casing into a well after it has been drilled.
- Assist the Leasehand in cleaning and painting as required by the Driller.
- Assist in moving the rig, rigging up and rigging out.
- Aid in the training of the Leasehand Skills and Personal Attributes: (i.e. leadership, communication, interpersonal skills)
- Learn and adhere to all Company and Government safety regulations pertaining to the work site.
- Participate in all safety initiatives & meetings.
- H2S Alive and a Valid Driver's License
- Previous Leasehand experience and possess knowledge of all equipment on a drilling rig.
- Be physically fit to handle heavy lifting and be mechanically inclined.
- Minimum high school diploma would be an asset.
Essential Skills/Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- React to change and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Work in a team environment, effectively communicating to all members of any issues that may arise.
- Cope with stressful situations and react accordingly.
- Work out of town for minimum of two weeks at a time.
No job matches. Start a new search below!