for the Cath Lab/OR Manager position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Cath Lab/OR Manager
Amman - Medtronic
Medtronic IHS designs, builds, and manages Cath Labs, Cardiac Surgery Operating Rooms, Intensive Care Units, and General Surgery Units under the formula of a full managed service for a hospital. The fully customized model typically includes:
- Designing and building the department
- Equipment and furnishings
- Maintenance and technology updates
- Supply and management of all medical devices and consumables, including custom
- On-site service staff
A unique aspect of Medtronic IHS is that it supplies the complete portfolio of products and services to enable a hospital department to conduct procedures, including those that are provided by Medtronic's direct competitors.
The Integrated Heath Solutions strategy includes 3 key areas:
- Process excellence
- Cath Lab managed services (run through Medtronic IHS)
- Care Pathway Management
The previous acquisition of NGC Medical adds an established hospital managed services capability to Medtronic's growing portfolio of health solutions for hospitals, and enhances its ability to provide higher levels of economic value.
Main Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Cath Lab Operations Senior Manager MEA, our Cath Lab Managers are seasoned professionals with in-depth knowledge of the healthcare value chain, as well as a breadth of experience within their specialty. The Cath Lab Manager is expected to provide professional leadership to, and effective management of, the Managed Service. He/she will be acting as a role model for staff and ambassador for the services and facilities for Medtronic.
The post holder will have full responsibility for ensuring exemplary clinical standards, high levels of efficiency in all areas, motivated local staff teams and highly satisfied patients for Medtronic within the Service.
The Cath Lab Manager will partner with strategic Cath Lab Managed Services accounts to drive complex transformational change, implement innovative growth strategies, streamline patient and therapy focused care pathways and optimize Cath Lab operations, provide professional leadership, motivation and supervision to ensure high standards of patient care are achieved and an optimal service is realized.
He/she will influence key stakeholders by developing well-articulated situation analysis and business case for change, establish road-map and develop actionable plans for immediate improvement and costs savings within Cath Labs, drive implementation, coach and develop local project or staff resources.
MAIN JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Professional Standards and Leadership
- Implement and maintain best Cath lab practice ensuring exemplary clinical standards and
excellent operational service delivery; develop and support business initiatives, policies and
strategies which insure the delivery of high quality treatment and care within all facilities.
- Encourage and initiate participation in research, audit and service evaluation by staff
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the services and department.
- Overall responsibility for operational excellence and efficiency programs.
- Overall responsibility for the provision of the inventory management system and
performance reporting, and for the provision and maintenance of capital and non-capital
- Service Development Programs Work with Medtronic Project Consultants in coordinating the launch of operational
excellence and continuous improvement programs and service development initiatives with
the Hospital Staff.
- Work with Medtronic Project Consultants to facilitate service growth within the local
commissioning constraints, requirements and infrastructure.
- Maintain and implement workforce plans including team and individual goals and objectives.
- Ensure that staff (client and MDT) are fully trained in all relevant areas and that standards are maintained and updated, including Continuing Professional Development.
Budget and system management
- Ensure systems are in place to monitor the work and use of resources of the facility.
- Ensure Corrective and Preventative Action planning is in place and forms part of the
measurement and reporting process for Key Performance Indicators (KPI); ensure all
contractual KPIs are met.
Health, Safety and Risk
- Ensure good health and safety practice applies throughout the facility and systems are in
place for staff and visitor training.
- Ensure radiation safety monitoring is in place.
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting and responding to, adverse incidents, patient
complaints and Never Events and for following all relevant hospital protocols.
- Educated to Degree Level
- Registered Practitioner as per local registration requirements
- Fluent in English
- Previous management experience necessary in a Cath Lab or OR environment.
- A proven record of success in managing significant operational/strategic change whilst
developing and maintaining the provision of a high quality service.
- Experience of budget control, audit process and quality.
- Excellent partnering and collaboration skills. Ability to interact with multinational employees
on different hierarchy levels. Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead a
- Customer- and business-focus and understanding.
- Project management, and leading to results through influence.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to liaise and negotiate effectively at all levels.
No job matches. Start a new search below!