for the Systems Director, Patient Access position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Systems Director, Patient Access
Jacksonville - R1 RCM
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We're looking for a self-motivated Patient Access Director to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Patient Access Director will be responsible for managing the Patient Access Managers and Supervisors, Patient Access Administrative Coordinator and Patient Access Associates, with eventual oversight of the Financial counseling and Scheduling departments.
Must be willing to relocate to Jacksonville within 3-6 months of hire.
Position is required to be on site M-F, and as facility needs dictate.
Your day to day role will include:
- Coordinate with the patient access team in the operations of daily job responsibilities
- Develop, recommend, and oversee the implementation and administration of policies and procedures of patient admissions and bill auditing services
- Evaluate process and procedures and coordinate with the management team to ensure efficient patient processing, bed utilization, and adherence to federal and local laws and regulations
- Demonstrate, through plans and actions, a consistent standard of excellence to which all department work is expected to conform
- Focus on continuous improvement working with the Senior Manager and Patient Access Managers across the Health System with a goal of delivering the highest degree of quality service possible
- Provide support for Human Resource guidanceComplete, review, manage and monitor department budgetDirects and leads the patient access team in the daily operations
- Represents Patient Access on various committees and teams and in meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience working with patients in a hospital setting
- At least 5 years of leadership experience within healthcare industry with a proven track record of success
Tenacity /Grit - This role will require getting deep into details and personally driving results in complex and challenging environments. While this work can be tedious, it is foundational to success.
Analytical Skills - Understanding of complex Excel and Access and/or simple SQL are a plus. More important is mathematical /analytical aptitude, ability to translate operational concepts into measureable results, and vice versa.
Leadership Skills - Strong communications and leadership skills, while acting as a role model and coaching team members in R1's core values.
Change Management - The ability to help counterparts through difficult transitions to a new process, workflow, or situation.
Interpersonal Skills - The ability to establish oneself as a peer and trusted partner for our client counterparts.
Motivation / Drive - Successful candidates will be the quintessential self-starter, and have a desire for continuous
learning. Going beyond what is asked to take on new challenges and create innovative solutions is critical to success.
Permanent US work authorization.
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience working with Cerner, MS-4 systems, MS Office Suite
- Experience consulting and working directly with C-Suite leadership
- Ability to maintain high levels of organization and energy under a high stress environment
R1 is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let's talk!
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1's objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.
No job matches. Start a new search below!