Nisku - Nabors
- The Derrickhand is responsible for all work above the rig floor, monitoring and maintaining proper drilling characteristics and ensuring proper drilling fluid properties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Watch and maintain proper drilling fluid characteristics, the rate of fluid circulation, mud handling equipment and preventative maintenance program.
- Work above the drilling floor, on the monkey board, guiding the drill pipe during the tripping-in/tripping-out process, ensuring to wear proper safety equipment, particularly safety belts.
- Select and assign crew members to tasks related to the circulation system.
- Responsible for Rig-ups and preparing circulating equipment prior to drilling.
- Responsible for proper fluid drainage at shut-downs and rig-outs to prevent freezing.
- Learn and adhere to all Company and Government safety regulations pertaining to the work site.
- Participate in all safety initiatives & meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by driller.
- H2S Alive, Enform Fall Protection and Rig Rescue, Standard First Aid.
- Previous Floorhand and Motorman with preferred 3-4 years' experience and possess a strong knowledge of all equipment on a drilling rig (especially chemical and drilling fluids).
- Be physically able to handle heavy lifting and be mechanically inclined.
- Must provide blue book with updated hours in Motorhand and Derrickhand position.
- Registered Rig Technician.
- Minimum high school diploma would be an asset.
- A valid driver's license is an asset.
- 1500 hours in the Motorhand and Derrickhand position would be preferred.
Essential Skills/Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Ability to work on heights to a maximum of 200 feet.
- Able to react to change and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Able to work in a team environment, effectively communicating to all members of any issues that may arise.
- Able to cope with stressful situations and react accordingly.
- Able to work out of town for minimum of two weeks at a time.
No job matches. Start a new search below!